1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Four

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Blue, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

My complaint...: Life is ever evolving so...

Why do we have to listen to the same tired announcers and play by play guys for the entirety of our lives? Surely someone is better than Billy Packer or Jim Nance or Verne Lundquist. Wtf? Did these guys sell their souls to CBS satan to torment us forever?

I cant stand to watch listening to these buffoons! Give us a break.

2. Blue

These old geezers think we tune in to listen to them. Stop the madness.

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Hey, Kentucky ...

[​IMG]

4. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Yeah these announcers that like to stroke themselves more than just plain calling the game the sports fans are seeing for themselves on the tube are lame.

Good game, UK must feel like an NFL or CFB team that goes undefeated during the regular season and then loses that final one in the NC game or the Super Bowl.
    That being said, all of this stroking UK when Wisky won the game is ridiculous, imo, and makes the difference in true professional broadcasting crews and the rest of those middle-of-the pack wanna-be s.

The upcoming Monday Duke slobberfest will be epic, no doubt. Even though I'm no fan of the Big 10, I hope Wisky takes them to the woodshed in the finals.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  5. lexsooner

lexsooner Well-Known Member

Stunned Wildcat at 10:20 p.m. Central Time = Most stunned fan of all time, > Stunned Aggie.

6. lexsooner

The disappointment here is beyond description - fans are absolutely crushed. Cat fans fully expected to be in the finals, and beat their most hated rival Duke, finish 40-0 and be one of the greatest teams of all time.

7. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

First off, how awful was that officiating for the last 2 and a half minutes? Both ways. The ones that stand out to me are Kaminsky's clean strip, when Kaminsky was called for a block (should have been a charge), and Kentucky's clean block that got called a foul. Additionally, there was the Lyles slap not too much earlier that they didn't call a flagrant on, but should have. The Nigel Hayes shot clock violation was brutally bad, and had Wisconsin not gotten that, I thought Kentucky was about to finish it off. Wisconsin finished stronger than I expected, but those two points could have changed everything.

Second, I knew Kentucky could lose, but thought that was a case of this tournament being the worst way in all of sports to crown a champion. Why is it appropriate for a team to have to win 6 straight games to win the championship? They went 4-1, in a sport like basketball no less, and now they're done? That's just silly.

Having said that, I thought this was a historically good team, either way. I'm not sure about that anymore, though. They were really, really good, but I think we have teams as good or better almost every year. Nobody wants to call Wisconsin one of the best teams of all-time, yet Wisconsin just traded punches with them for 40 minutes, and came out on top. I'm not completely sold Wisconsin is the better team, but if these two teams played a 7 game series, I think Wisconsin could still win. Ultimately, Kentucky is considered an all-time great team because they ran the table in a terrible conference, and they have a boat load of NBA talent. After watching Kentucky struggle against ND and Wisconsin, I doubt they run the table in the Big XII, and I don't even think they win the ACC or Big 10 conference.

8. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Lastly, Kaminsky wins POY for me. Sorry Okafor.

I think Okafor gets the title, though.

9. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Best off the cuff twitter remark I saw after Kentucky lost... something to the effect of "A one-loss SEC team should automatically be in the national title game" :p

I'd love it if Wisconsin won. I'm far enough away from Madison now that the riots on State Street after will not impact me. But, if Duke wins, I hope Mad-town stays quiet... because losing and rioting is a double whammy :(

10. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yup officiating was horrible...but I expected no less. At least it was even...lol.

kind of like OU before the big 12 championship against ksu...scored 60+ 5 straight times...best college fball team ever...blah blah blah..

11. badger

So... heh heh heh... should I look up a Kentucky message board and post my discoveries here? :D:D:D:D

12. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Oh, please try to find a pic! Would love to see it.

13. lexsooner

Hmmm, I am not sure if there is a still picture of the guy. It came on the TBS broadcast at around 10:20 p.m. Central, soon after the game ended. This young UK fan was sitting alone, with nobody anywhere around him. He did not look momentarily shocked like the original Stunned Aggie or the 2013 SA version. He did not appear dejected nor did he seem frustrated like the cursing UT coed. He was utterly devastated beyond description, staring blankly in disbelief, like someone who had just lost all his family or whose fiance had left him right before the wedding. Frankly, it was so bad it was not particularly funny at the time. If there is a replay or a link to the whole broadcast, you can probably find it. News reports indicate some UK fans were crying after the game, guys included.

14. Blue

Great game. Bill Rafferty (?) needs to lose his voice forever.

15. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Two of the three games were pretty good. Too bad for the badgers, up 9 and close to winning it all but could not finish. The whole game the devils seemed in control defensively. Makes me wonder if they would have handled Kentucky as easily.

16. badger

dag nabbit. ok, better change my avatar, location, profile and username... i can't change my username? dag nabbit

17. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Again, like the whole tournament, I thought the officiating was pretty bad. Inconsistent, to say the least. I'm sorry but duke being in the double bonus with what..8 min left? and Wisc not even int he 1/1 til 14 sec left...that is a pretty big discrepancy. It wasn't like one team was man the other a zone.

The one drive that duke got the block call on Wisc instead of a charge...2 pt and 1 was huge. Even the tv guys were saying that was a wrong call. Not sure the refs can handle the speed of the game these days. Maybe there shouldn't be any replays! lol...that way fans can't bitch.