1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early B12 Seeding Thoughts

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner95, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

2. Sooner95

3. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The odds of Baylor losing at home to Tech, WVU beating OSU, and ISU winning @TCU all happening are really, really low (emphasis on the first one).

Essentially, if we beat KU, we're #2. I'm not too concerned about seeding, though. I just want the W against KU.

4. Sooner95

Right on. I guess I'm just putting some value on having to play one of the lower seeds who just played on Weds.

Agree. Beating KU is something we need to do.

5. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

Just got in, and the Big 12 has a game on Fri night, Tech vs Baylor, ESPN2, which is great instead of having 5 games on Sat. Tech is playing Baylor tough, I think they're tied or Tech is up by 1 at the half.

I don't know why Tech's record sucked because they look pretty good, moving the ball inside and making their outside shots, at least the last 5, or so, min of the 1st half.

6. Eielson

Well...it appears Baylor is working hard to blow it, so we just might not get the 2 seed even with a victory against KU.

7. aurorasooner

aurorasooner Well-Known Member

The times I've watched Tech, which aren't too many, maybe both OU games and 1 game vs Stool State, they looked pretty disjointed or uncoordinated, but tonight they've looked pretty darned good moving the ball.

Baylor on an 8-0 run but Tech just scored 58-56 with about 8 min left. To me, Tech is sort of like Stool State or Texass, hate like hell to root for them, but I'm rooting for them tonight. Just don't think they can close it out though.

8. Sooner95

TWO SEED. Let's go win the damn thing now.

9. Sooner95

Bah!

#Sooners will be No. 2 seed in #Big12 Championship it TCU beats Iowa State in Forth Worth tonight. OU will be No. 3 seed if Iowa State wins.

10. According to the cyclone article you cited to start this thread, 95, we are 2 seed no matter what Iowa State does.

11. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2 or 3 seed, I want K state.

12. Sooner95

Yea, that's what I thought as well, but it seems they were wrong, otherwise we'd be locked in.

13. Sooner95

Kstate is the #8 seed, so we won't see them until the finals.

14. Sooner95

stoolwater is locked in at #6, so they'll get the #3, #2 plays winner of Tx/TT matchup.

15. Sooner95

The more I read the more I cannot see why we are not locked into the #2 seed. I know it's not a big deal, but dammit...lol

16. Eielson

Based on your article, we should be the #2 seed either way.

As far as the bracket goes, though, I'd rather play OSU than Texas in our first game, so being the 3 seed would be an advantage. My first thoughts were that I wanted the #2 seed just because it looks better on our resume, and might be enough to bump us up a seed, but after thinking more about it, I doubt that will make a difference. My guess is that either ISU or OU will get a 3, and the other will get a 4, and that it will be determined by who gets to the Big XII Championship Game.

17. Sooner95

You're probably right, really doesn't add up but oh well.

BTW, ISU won, so here we are.

#Big12 Championship seeds: 1. KU 2. ISU 3. #Sooners 4. BU 5. WVU 6. OSU 7. UT 8. KSU 9. TCU 10. TTU

18. Sooner95

19. Soonerfan88

Soonerfan88 Well-Known Member

I am reasonably confident OU can beat OSU for a third time this year, not so much with Texas.

And on a tangent, when does that unholy agreement with KU end that puts the tournament in KC every year?

20. Eielson

I agree with this, but I think a loss to either would be a pretty strong choke-job, and should make Lon's seat at least one degree hotter. I'm amazed that we finished #2 in the Big XII last year, and I'm impressed that we were a 2nd half epic collapse in Ames from winning the conference this year, but he has to start winning postseason games. Are we 0-3 in the Big XII tourney, and 0-2 in the NCAA tournament now? I'd projectile vomit all the way to his office if we stretched that to 0-7 this year.