1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dorial Green-Beckham

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Sabanball, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

2. Gandalf_The_Grey

3. Gandalf_The_Grey

Ronald Johnson
    WR
    Muskegon, MIMuskegonHas tremendous ability to make big plays.

5 stars
    6'0"
    USC
    Terrance Toliver
    WR
    Hempstead, TXHempsteadHas unlimited potential, an NFL frame and good speed.

5 stars
    6'4"
    LSU
    Chris Culliver
    WR
    Garner, NCGarnerProved he's a big-time receiver late as a senior.

5 stars
    6'0"
    South Carolina
    Dwight Jones
    WR
    Burlington, NCCummingsWill be a terror in the red zone.

5 stars
    6'5"
    North Carolina
    Arrelious Benn
    WR
    Washington, DCDunbarSize creates all kinds of issues for defensive backs.

4. Gandalf_The_Grey

5. Gandalf_The_Grey

6. Gandalf_The_Grey

7. Gandalf_The_Grey

Not getting DiShon Platt in 2002 really set this program back...What a great All-Pro WR he turned out to be!!

8. Sabanball

Sabanball Well-Known Member

Dang....I love recruiting!

BTW, Gunner Kiel is supposedly announcing on 6/12 his decision. I think it's you guys or us. Heres some video of the kid...have to love his arm strength, this kid can really sling the rock around the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fROvC0LfRA

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  9. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You sound awfully cocky. I hope Saban develops a stutter...or a lithp.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  10. Sabanball

Really? What do you base that on? I've said all along I think it's 50-50 between you guys and us for GK.

11. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You sound a little too exhuberant over your love of recruiting. Rumor has it over here that the mo might now be on the side of you Bammers.

12. Sabanball

I was just making a general comment about following recruiting, it wasn't regarding GK.

As for which school has the upper hand right now, I have no idea. Supposedly, he's still got at least a week to go before making a decision, and that can be an eternity for a 17 yr old. However, I've said all along that I thought he would be a slightly tougher pull for us because he won't be lining up in the shotgun and throwing it 40-50 times a game here like he would be in Norman. If he comes to Bama he'll mainly be a game manager and run a balanced run/pass attack. He has said that the type of O that he plays in is not the determining factor, so it may come down to simply which campus and atmosphere he feels most comfortable at. I hope we can get him, but he really can't go wrong with either program--he will have the chance to play for championships and a path to the NFL at both places.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  13. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

There is too much estrogen in this thread

14. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^^ This ^^

This site has really gone down hill with all the newb tards arguing all the time.

15. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I got on this thread hoping to get some good insight on DGB instead I get a ménage à trois of pissing and moaning. Can't we all just get along?

16. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:dolemite:

17. mightysooner

mightysooner New Member

The biggest reason we don't sign as many 5 stars as some of the other top programs is because we have to do almost all of our recruiting out of state. The state of Oklahoma isn't exactly a mother load of high school football talent whereas as CA, TX, and FL are. That's the real reason. Stoops is an excellent recruiter given that he really doesn't have a lot to pick from in-state like other programs do.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  18. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

FWIW, according to the 'horn boards, DGB will be in Austin this weekend w/ his parents.

19. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I just read that same thing...surely he won't go there and ruin his career! On a better note, Greg Simmons has trasferred from * and rumor has it another top receiver will follow!

20. Muno

Muno New Member

He is visiting the Longhorns this weekend. Coming down with his parents but planning a very short trip as he is heading home on Saturday.