1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think Obama has a realistic chance of becoming President ??

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Soonerus, Feb 20, 2008.

1. BigRedJed

BigRedJed Mmm... ...ribs.

Again, there are a number of things there that I am not exactly crazy about the tone of, but at least it's something closer to the whole truth, rather than a shaded truth.

2. BigRedJed

Here are the next 8, for those who are too lazy to click on the link:

17. S.692 : A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to establish a Hospital Quality Report Card Initiative to report on health care quality in Veterans Affairs hospitals.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 2/27/2007) Cosponsors (1)
    Committees: Senate Veterans' Affairs
    Latest Major Action: 2/27/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

18. S.713 : A bill to ensure dignity in care for members of the Armed Forces recovering from injuries.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 2/28/2007) Cosponsors (34)
    Committees: Senate Armed Services
    Latest Major Action: 2/28/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Armed Services.

19. S.737 : A bill to amend the Help America Vote Act of 2002 in order to measure, compare, and improve the quality of voter access to polls and voter services in the administration of Federal elections in the States.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/1/2007) Cosponsors (1)
    Committees: Senate Rules and Administration
    Latest Major Action: 3/1/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Rules and Administration.

20. S.767 : A bill to increase fuel economy standards for automobiles and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/6/2007) Cosponsors (6)
    Committees: Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation
    Latest Major Action: 3/6/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

21. S.768 : A bill to increase fuel economy standards for automobiles and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/6/2007) Cosponsors (6)
    Committees: Senate Finance
    Latest Major Action: 3/6/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

22. S.795 : A bill to assist aliens who have been lawfully admitted in becoming citizens of the United States, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/7/2007) Cosponsors (5)
    Committees: Senate Judiciary
    Latest Major Action: 3/7/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

23. S.823 : A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act with respect to facilitating the development of microbicides for preventing transmission of HIV/AIDS and other diseases, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/8/2007) Cosponsors (18)
    Committees: Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
    Latest Major Action: 3/8/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

24. S.906 : A bill to prohibit the sale, distribution, transfer, and export of elemental mercury, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Obama, Barack [IL] (introduced 3/15/2007) Cosponsors (3)
    Committees: Senate Environment and Public Works
    Latest Major Action: 3/15/2007 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

3. BigRedJed

To borrow a phrase from someone whom I really, really don't like: I hope the truth isn't too inconvenient for your argument.

4. BigRedJed

Of course, I really DO hope it's inconvenient, so I guess the previous post was a shading of the truth. Or perhaps more accurately, it was sarcasm.

5. BigRedJed

What? No response? I saw you reading my posts.

6. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

7. 12

12 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm on Jed's side just because he has Cecil for an avatar.

I gotta change mine.

8. BigRedJed

9. BigRedJed

You're not going to find any answers there, Whet.

10. Howzit

Howzit Junice Groupie

BigRedJed Sniffing User Profile
    Howzit

You're not going to smell any answers there, Jed.

BigRedJed likes this.
  11. BigRedJed

Heh. Well, I guess I'm going out to have a beer or three. I tire of waiting for a response.

12. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

By your own argument, aren't you cherry picking here? I mean you didn't post the entire damn webpage that they came from.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  13. Whet

Whet Well-Known Member

Oh gawd, I was just so overwhelmed with all of your posts, I must have been frozen in primordial fear!

As I wrote earlier when I provided the link, folks should take a look for themselves, do the search, even better, read the actual bills Berry submitted. It is in the bill, where the hand reaches for the money....

After reading the types of bills Berry submitted, if a person still believes Berry is their choice, well, more power to them. The primary issue is with Berry is there is NO indepth coverage of this guy, his past, his previous legislative record, or his previous statements of his beliefs. So far, it has been so - Hollywood.

Plus, there seems to be several folks here that did not go through the Carter years. It is kinda like parents or grandparent going through the Depression and trying to relate that experience to those that had not. Same with Carter/Berry - although, I believe Berry would be much worse for the country.

14. Whet

Whet Well-Known Member

Yep - you can see if someone had to suffer through the Carter years...

15. Whet

Whet Well-Known Member

Or, is it a Zima or three? :cool:

Or, a some cold natties

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  16. Whet

Whet Well-Known Member

Just though I would throw out this story, as well:

</H1>

17. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

18. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Get it while you can. We're in for "CHANGE".

Whet likes this.
  19. Sooner_Bob

Sooner_Bob SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This thread took a turn . . .

20. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Are you still looking for dildoes? :)