1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone catch Letterman?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Eddie Money, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Active Member

I think it was the Monday night show, but I'm not sure because the programming here is random and delayed. Anyway, the reason I ask is Dave was talking to Rupert the Asian Deli guy and he (Rupert) was wearing an OU shirt. I was in the gym so I couldn't hear what was being said, but I thought surely it was a shout out because they thought we got screwed too. Or do I just have the Crimson glasses on?

I haven't watched in a while, so maybe he has a thing like Ted Knight on Too Close For Comfort where he wore a diffeerent college's shirt every day, I dunno. Also there was a black guy in there.

2. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

Rupert has worn the OU shirt in the past. Didn't see it.

3. 85Sooner

85Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah I saw that but didn't hear anything either.

4. bstuff1979

bstuff1979 New Member

saw the OU shirt, but tuned in about a minute too late to hear anything but random banter about a puppet. on a somewhat related note, letterman had on a red tie and dr. phil (the guest for the night) had on a red shirt. coincidence? absolutely, but it would be interesting to hear if they mentioned the screw job.

5. Got Rice OU

Got Rice OU New Member

anyone have a screenshot?

6. GDN

GDN New Member

I Tivo Letterman every night, but seldom have time to watch - I was skipping through last night and caught Rupert in the shirt - I was very surprised - I had never seen him wear that. I went back and watched the whole show - not another word was ever mentioned. I don't remember if I deleted it or not - if it is still there tonight I'll try to take a still shot of it and post.

7. Saw the commercial, but don't know if anything was said....

I've seen him wearing a Hook 'em shirt before too though.

8. william_brasky

william_brasky New Member

Rupert has been making the phone call death threats.

9. SoonerObsession

SoonerObsession New Member

I've seen him wear a Nebraska and Ohio State t-shirt before.

10. Sooner_75

Sooner_75 New Member

I have seen him wearing an OU shirt on a few occasions here is one from a few years ago.

[​IMG]

11. kingswitz

kingswitz New Member

Rupert has said many times before that he recieves them from all over the country in the mail. He said on a previous show that he just wears them because they are free.