1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeSoto v. Jenks + Trinity v. Union

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by PLaw, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

I agree completely and I am from central Texas. As for the games, Desoto looks like a school out of Miami with all their speed. They have to be one of, if not the fastest team in the country.

2. Ruf/Nek7

Ruf/Nek7 New Member

Hell, you think an OK school playing a TX school is pointless...Copperas Cove (central TX school) is playing a high school from Mexico! Wtf?

3. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

But the question is: Which team will have more messicans on it? ;)

4. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

I went to Trinity. Old Pennington Field is the rickety old wooden stadium that is in Euless (it may have been torn down by now). THe one in Bedford is HEB stadium...and since it was built my Jr Year......we will hardly call it old sir!

5. PLaw

PLaw Well-Known Member

Interesting, the dude who told me about the game was also a Trinity alum, but he was
    probably more my age and referred to the HEB stadium as Pennington. My son played at HEB and I recall it being a very nice HS stadium. I still think it would be cool to see the game at Cowboys.

Boomer

6. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Thing I liked about Pennington is when you coached or played playoff games there they'd give you these cool nameplates on your locker and when you left you could take em with you.

7. OUTrumpet

OUTrumpet New Member

Most places I've been have done that. I've still got my SMU one from my first year :)

8. soonertravis

soonertravis New Member

Who pays for the travel out of state? The school? Some Booster club? Seems like a giant waste of money for a state that has so many failing schools.

As for the Jenks game, It was close at half, but their starting RB got knocked out of the game and they were already missing their top two WRs. They are down a little talent wise, but will still be competitive in this state.

9. OUTrumpet

OUTrumpet New Member

We got sponsors. That + a little fundraising go a LONG way.

10. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

Seems like since the name Pennington Field had been such a big name for tons of us who attended Trinity or Bell, that HEB Stadium became known to a lot of people as "the New Pennington" when it was built. Heck for all I know they may have officially adopted it.

Or maybe its "Pennington Field" at "H.E.B. Stadium"