1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by GottaHavePride, Jul 9, 2007.

1. GottaHavePride

GottaHavePride Brewmaster

JK Rowling has stated in an interview that two main characters will die in Book 7. Pick which two.

* - this bet is in the event that Dumbledore is somehow not dead or returns to life in Book 7.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
    proud gonzo likes this.
  2. GottaHavePride

Oh, and whoever listed these odds wherever it was that I found them totally does NOT think like a writer. The two pairs they put lowest odds for (Harry and Voldemort and Ron & Hermione) are the two pairs least likely to both die, IMO.

3. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

When will this bet be settled? Seems like a long-term bet.

4. Ike

Ike party pooper

My wife will be able to settle it by 8am on the 21st.

But if she tells me, I'm gonna be piszed.

5. Ike

Ike party pooper

Actually, I think those two are the most likely...followed by HP and Neville.

I say this only because JK Rowling has stated unequovicaly that this will be the last HP book. period.

Best way to do that is to kill of Harry.

6. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

My wife thinks Ron and Hagrid. For what it's worth.

7. Mixer!

Mixer! Well-Known Member

It does seem odd that they wouldn't have Hagrid listed in any of the above combos.

8. Fugue

Fugue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Does Bellatrix count as a main character for the vfield?

9. SoonerTreasure

SoonerTreasure New Member

Bellatrix is definitely going to die in Book 7, but I wouldn't call her a "main character"...I think that's reserved for the ones who have been in it from book 1.

Howzit and ChickSoonerFan like this.
  10. ChickSoonerFan

ChickSoonerFan New Member

you guys are a buncha dorks....

;)

11. Fugue

Fugue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

nice vcash you got there. :texan:

ChickSoonerFan likes this.
  12. proud gonzo

proud gonzo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

yeah, not so much. i mean, unless you're illiterate and have to wait for the 7th movie

bri and Fugue like this.
  13. ChickSoonerFan

ChickSoonerFan New Member

:O

Fugue likes this.
  14. GottaHavePride

I can see Harry and Voldemort. But Ron and Hermione? That would imply both HArry and Voldemort live, which I don't think is likely at ALL. Besides, she's been setting up the two of them hooking up for a while now, so killing them both would be the least interesting option. Both of them living or just one dying makes more dramatic sense.

15. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

Can someone help me out with the odds? For "any other combo" the odds are 1/6 (.17). Does that mean I wouldn't even make back my money or that I'd make back v117 for v100 bet?

If by "unequivocally...period" she means that she remembers writing in the coffee shop and has decided she really doesn't like money (or books or movies and all that) all that much then I agree. I'm betting on a Soprano's type ending here. You won't know exactly what happens, sort of left in limbo, and when we are all talking about it it won't spoil it for the people yet to spend money on the books/movies next year.

16. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

Harry Potter book releases aren't on my dork-radar. Sorry, I didn't have the date circled on my calender.

17. SoonerGirl06

SoonerGirl06 New Member

I've heard Rowling is now considering writing another HP book after Deathly Hallows.

18. Ike

Ike party pooper

Not if she doesn't consider Voldemort a major character. When she said that, she could very well have been referring to two major protagonists.

19. GottaHavePride

It means you bet 600 to win 100. Or you bet 100 to win 17, yes. Just like any other bet, whatever bet you stake gets returned to you plus your winnings.

20. Rogue

Rogue Answers - 25 Cents

Thanks GHP!