1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contacts

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by Mjcpr, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Where do you order your contact lenses?

I buy mine from my eye Dr but ONLY when it is time for my vision insurance to pay their benefit. I haven't figured out how to use that insurance money to order online.

I ordered online once, through 1800-Contacts and was happy with them BUT I heard of a couple of other places to use and they are much cheaper than 1800. Coastal Contacts is cheaper and Lens.com is even cheaper than that.

(This never formats correctly in a post, but....)

1800 Contacts Coastal Contacts Lens.com

Acuvue Oasys
    4 @ $33.99 4 @ $25.89 4 @ $19.99
    8 @ $27.49 8 @ $22.99 8 @ $19.99

Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism
    4 @ $47.99 4 @ $34.98 4 @ $28.99
    8 @ $39.49 8 @ $29.99 8 @ $29.99

2. Mongo

Mongo SoonerFans.com Elite Member

this is the most exciting thread you have started. start another about prunes vs metamucil next. I am jizzing myself from the anticipation

3. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Maybe it is actually from the lack of poon? :confused:

4. Entropy63

Entropy63 New Member

Suffering a near terminal case of lackanookie?

5. Mongo

sorry buddy. you want me to pm you some spread eagle shots of me to cheer you up?

6. afs

afs New Member

I order all my contacts online as the military doesn't pay for them. For the past 4 years, i've used Lens.com to order the exact same contacts you need. I've never had any issues with the company or the product.

In fact at times I prefer Lens.com b/c they seem to be the least strict on prescriptions - usually just a Dr.s name and phone number will get an order processed when Lens.com typically waits until they call the Dr.

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Ditto on Lens.com...real easy to work with. I call it in. Have 'em within a week without a rush order.

8. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lasik, my friend. if you're a candidate, best investment EVAR. first morning you wake up and don't have to throw contacts in is AWESOME!!!! going on 5 years and haven't spent a cent on contacts.

9. Mongo

I have too many holes in my eyes to get lasik. I throw in a pair of contacts and dont touch them for months. I do not see why lasik folk swear by it. over rated in my book

10. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Ignoramous. I had Lasik a decade ago. I could still see perfectly clear how you couldn't hit a beer bottle from the porch with a .480 mag. Check into it. It rocks.

11. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

HARUMPH!!

for being slightly uncomfortable for (maybe) a total of 20 seconds... totally worth it. got the lifetime "touch ups" program, but hoping not to need it too much.

12. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

I still see 20-20+ after over 10 years. I love the Lasik.

13. okiegirl

okiegirl New Member

If your being serious, I bought my kids contacts at http://www.1800contacts.com/ (I THINK)
    but for eyeglasses if anyone wants to know do zennioptical.com i bought 8 buck eyeglasses (thats if you have script) and everyone who sees them asks where I got them and they are the best 8 bucks with 4.95 shipping i ever bought...okay YES I am a woman who bargain shops but I still like to look good at my age
    :)

14. Mongo

probably because it was dark outside and the thing ad a scope on it:D

but I wont argue with the ignoramous part