1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clippers in "very serious" talks with Iverson.....

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Salt City Sooner, Jul 13, 2009.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Some other notes from the summer league game - the commentating sucks. The game never stops, yet they have instant replays immediately (meaning you might miss something on the other end) and the commentators really didn't talk about the game, as much as they talked about the top draft picks... in that respect, the commentating was awesome, because they spoke highly of BG and lowly of Thabeet, heh. Did I mention how happy I am OKC doesn't have him?

I didn't catch the game, but apparently it was Suns vs. Clips last night:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a link to the AP wire story.

In addition to practicing his 3, BG appears to have seen a lot of sun in LA, it looks like :D

2. the_ouskull

the_ouskull Well-Known Member

The Clippers Curse. Who knows what effect Iverson may have... THAT is the problem. Maybe being around someone like Iverson makes Blake work even harder and makes him an even better player. Maybe seeing the attention that a player with Iverson's "work ethic" gets frustrates Blake, and he feeds the Clipper Curse with his anger. (Was that a movie, too?)

Iverson is Count Dooku, Blake is Anakin, and this works.

- Anakin: Started off as a good guy, even as a small boy. (Blake grew up a Sooner fan, in the Sooner state.) Found his way into a small, but talented outfit, who have never been expected to win. (Blake followed his older brother, Taylor, to OU, just as Anakin followed Obi Wan to the Jedi rebel alliance...) Just as he started coming into his own, an older, more-experienced person threatened to get in his way.

[​IMG]
    Mike Dunleavy, Coach/GM of the Los Angeles Clippers

"Mister Iverson, welcome to the Clippers. We're, honestly, all very surprised to see you here. None of us wanted you to be here if you were going to be the way you were in Detroit, late in Denver, and late in Philly."

"Say what? Oh, no he didn't. I'm gonna run and tell the media everything!"

[​IMG]
    l to r: Iverson, Dunleavy's vehicle

"Mister Iverson, please stop. I wanted to talk to you about your playing time."

"Okay, so you're going to start me this year, right? Eric Gordon, or Al Thornton can sit. In fact, move Thornton to the 4, Gordon to the 3, B.D. to the 2, and that new kid to the 5, and we can just run up and down and score lots of points, just like A.I. likes it. Nobody has to mess with no defense, and we don't even have to keep score. I just want to show off. That's good, right?"

"Blake, NOW!"

[​IMG]
    l to r: Blake Griffin, Iverson if he joins the Clippers

[​IMG]

THAT's what needs to happen with the Iverson deal.. Blake needs to be alone in order to become the baddest man in the galaxy. He was separated from his sibling, and now he's ready to... wait, that's Luke. Never mind.

the_ouskull

3. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well at least Blake's son will return the balance to the force ;)

4. badger

better be at ou, dag nabbit ;)

edit: and his twin sister, too!

5. the_ouskull

Well, she's got to parade around half-naked with a chain attached to Mark Mangino around her neck first...

the_ouskull

6. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm guessing this doesn't happen seeing as they just traded for Telfair. Just a gues, though.

tommieharris91 likes this.
  7. the_ouskull

It's the Clippers. In the immortal words of Kevin Garnett, who in no way butchered the Adidas slogan of "Impossible is nothing," I say, "Anything is possible."

the_ouskull

8. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

and I say, "MOMMA, I DID IT MOMMA"

9. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm so hammered.

CK Sooner likes this.
  10. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

AI turned me off in his one opportunity to shut up the critics and win a championship. People chose to call him tough because he drove into the lane and got fouled a lot. BS. He failed to inspire his teammates because he was so busy flashing his x-over and missing shots, followed up with a jump into a defender, arms flailing and a whiny look on his face as he bawls at a ref begging for a foul call. I never liked the guy before, but I hated him after that performance.

Bird, Johnson, Jordan...those guys would complain to the refs, but most of the time were at least dignified when they did. They'd make friends with the refs and get on their good side, not stomp up and down like a 5-year old screaming for candy in the grocery store.

Not only that, but when it came down to it, guys like Bird, Johnson, Jordan understood the game and knew WHEN to take the shots, and they also MADE the shots. I saw Jordan win his 1st championship (or 2nd, I can't remember, ou_skull could probably help me on that) on a pass to an open John Paxson.

Whatever the case, while Jordan/Bird/Johnson were all huge ego guys, and all took more than their fair share of shots, they also knew what it took to WIN, and were willing to sacrifice occasional stats to get the win. AI is all about AI. There is no one else on the court when he gets the ball, and he's proven it time and again. He hasn't won, and he won't win, ever...because he refuses to focus on the game rather than himself.

11. starclassic tama

starclassic tama New Member

if A.I. was so selfish why did he average more assists per game over his career than jordan? and the exact same amount as bird?

12. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

And his nicknames are hilarious...and quite fitting. AI = artificial intelligence. Doesn't get any better than that. And the Answer? Only if you ask the right question:

Q. Who took the most shots in that game?
    A. Iverson

Q. Who missed the most shots in that game?
    A. Iverson

Q. Who had the fewest passes in that game, even fewer than the guy who played 3 minutes?
    A. Iverson

Q. Who was that whining to the ref about a foul as he flailed toward the basket?
    A. Iverson

Q. Who was that dude who doesn't practice with his teammates to build chemistry for a chance at more wins?
    A. Iverson

Q. Why'd we lose that game again?
    A. Iverson

Q. Who'd we get rid of that made us a better team?
    A. Iverson

13. JLEW1818

Because Iverson played point guard

14. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

*Ignored*

tommieharris91 likes this.
  15. starclassic tama

starclassic tama New Member

16. badger

I am still not convinced that whether Iverson is a point guard or a shooting guard if he will be an affordable guard for the miserly Clippers organization.

Stay tuned, I guess :pop:

17. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wasn't Jordan a 3 like BronBron? I didn't watch much basketball back then, and I knew even less about it.

18. JLEW1818

Iverson played both point guard and shooting guard.

CK Sooner likes this.
  19. JLEW1818

Lebron is different, he's more of a point forward, just like Magic was.

Tama your an idiot by the way.

CK Sooner likes this.
  20. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

Jordan was mostly a 2 guard.