1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrissy Deja Vu

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by sooner518, Jan 7, 2006.

1. sooner518

sooner518 New Member

Chrissy throws an INT with 1 minute left to seal the win for the Redskins. Reminds me kind of TRRW sealing the OU/Texas game a couple years ago. Poor Chrissy

2. Okieflyer

Okieflyer Well-Known Member

One of the only times I pull for that guy and he blows it. :mad:

3. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hate the Redskins.

I hate Mike Carey's crew.

4. tbl

tbl SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I knew he'd blow it. The Redskins have under 120 yards total offense, and they still win the game.

5. XingTheRubicon

XingTheRubicon SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was pretty impressed with Chris, he played pretty decent for a 1st playoff game. The skins D is just plain nasty. Washington's O had 122 yards and won, lowest total for a playoff winner ever.

6. bigdsooner

bigdsooner New Member

heh... he did throw a perfect pass for a td, but dude couldnt hold onto it
    same'ol chrissy

7. Paperclip

Paperclip SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm no fan of Chris', but I thought he played a pretty good game. I even laughed at him telling the DB to c'mon. He threw a great pass to the WR for what would have been the tying touchdown.

8. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Sooner Born Sooner Bred SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I didn't understand that rule on the incomplete pass. How can it be incomplete if you still have both your hands around it?

I haven't had the chance to look at the stats, but Chris played a great game (kudos for his first rushing TD, made in a clutch BTW). It's too bad that their first two possessions ended up having such an effect on the game.

People on here give me crap for being a Simms fan, but you can't place the blame for the loss on his shoulders.

PS--That spitter guy is a tool. I hope he gets a hefty fine.

9. OUGreg723

OUGreg723 New Member

Hail to the Redskins BABY!!!!!

Gruden also got outcoached the entire game. plane and simple.

10. GrapevineSooner

I still don't understand how that's not a catch.

He got two feet down and a knee and only lost the ball after hitting the ground.

11. walkoffsooner

walkoffsooner New Member

Just watched the game really don"t understand that call looked like he had it when knee touched. I know there right it just looks pretty good compared to someone cathing one and falling out of bounds and dropping it when he hits because there feet where in.

12. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble

13. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble

14. Paperclip

He has to retain possession after coming in contact with the ground. He obviously lost control of it when his elbow hit.

15. Sooner Born Sooner Bred

Hmmm it looked like he still had it to me. But what do I know?

16. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

the ball was moving a little bit when he was in the process of the second step/being tackled, and it finished it's slide out when his upper body hit the ground, so they were ruling he didn't have full possession thereby making it incomplete.

17. GrapevineSooner

We'll just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Still a successful season for the Bucs. Would have loved to have seen them advance, but they just ran into a tremendous defense.

Next week's matchup in Seattle's gonna be a doozy.

18. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

Only because he was being tackled.
    If he had not been being tackled, it would have been a score, even if he had lost it after hitting the ground.
    I think.

I was pretty impressed with Simms this year, he made some rookie mistakes, and he doesnt really have a great offense to help him out. Loss of Clayton really hurt. I think he's going to be much better next year.
    He threw some amazingly great on the money passes this year, but the most impressive play was the td tonight, he laid it all out there for that one.

19. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

heh....if it makes you feel better, my wife got upset when I told her that there should be an asterik next to that 9-0 playoff record for Tom Brady. :)

20. Paperclip

Yes, I think that's correct. The fact that he's in contact with the defender is what makes the difference the way I understand it.