1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam Newton and Darius White to Visit.

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by adoniijahsooner, Nov 30, 2009.

1. soonerguild

soonerguild New Member

I could seriously see us using both him and landry if he comes, thats just me, but it sure looks like he will get on the field somewhere.

2. oudavid1

oudavid1 @DavidLeake

He would be a great utility player, kinda of like how tebow is used on 3rd and short

3. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

He would be an awesome weapon to have in the aresenal, regardless of where he is used. I would love to see him come to OU just because he can do so much in so many different ways. I say bring him in and get him on the field somehow some way, QB or otherwise.

4. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

He's an exciting player to watch and I would love for him to be a sooner next season. If he's at qb he will give us a running dimension that we haven't had. I think he'd be great at te too, but just get him crimson and cream and get him on the field and get him the ball.

Desert Sapper likes this.
  5. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

now THAT'S a bold statement right there.

6. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

I know right

7. yankee

yankee New Member

i mean...not really. the dude can run, that's not unknown. especially for a 6'6 250 pounder. been a while since we've had a true dual threat.

8. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Awhile as in never? Does Garrick McGee count?

9. Jello Biafra

Jello Biafra New Member

thats what i was saying lol....theres a real good reason we put more qbs in the nfl AS RBs than any other school...

10. yukonsooner

yukonsooner New Member

garrick mcgee was always running, but it was running for his life.

11. cjames317

cjames317 New Member

Did Darius White visit last weekend? Haven't seen anything about it. Since Mike Davis committed to the horns, does that help OUr coaches with White?

12. Salt City Sooner

Salt City Sooner New Member

He cancelled & went to Stillwater instead.

13. Big D Sooner

Big D Sooner New Member

I am getting a little frustrated. It seems like we are in the running for a lot of these big guys but we are not getting them.

14. soonerguild

soonerguild New Member

It's still only dec, signing day is in 2 months and alot of the big name guys wait. Don't worry, we have a great class and in the next two months will land a couple big boys, I still think we end up getting white, and there is a very good chance we get stills and jefferson tomorrow which would be huge. There is also a really good chance we land newton. We'll be fine.

15. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Just listened to Cam talk on The Ref with James Hale, that was painful...James is a horrible interviewer and Cam sounds alot like he cant read. Regardless, James did ask him what will go into his decision and he said winning #1 which he wont get as much at Aub and Miss st, he said relationship with his coaches, and the chance to start. HE also said his relationship with Mullen isnt as important as some think

16. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I thought I was reading somewhere that Newton would be making a decision this week that way he could transfer in immediately (to whatever school he decides on)....is this not true?

I mean I thought the big buzz with him is that he'd come in before the spring semester starts and be with the team.

17. Collier11

He said on the radio that he wanted to do it on or around Christmas

18. OU-HSV

OU-HSV SoonerFans.com Elite Member

cool, maybe he'll call Bob and company up on Christmas Eve...that would work

19. Collier11

He did say he wanted to give someone a good Christmas present

20. Harry Beanbag

Harry Beanbag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So he really is like Vince Young.