1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BYU vs OU in 2009?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Scotty, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Just saw on espn that OU and BYU are talking about a September 2009 game at the new Jerryworld

If this is true, it would be very exciting.

Anyone know about this?

2. ClintonSooner

ClintonSooner New Member

saw it too! kinda excited me if they are any good next season.

3. Scotty

Scotty New Member

with them and @ miami on the slate next year, we should have a pretty solid non conference schedule.

4. SOONER STEAKER

SOONER STEAKER New Member

It sounds great.

Does BYU travel well? If so, do you think Arlington has enough bike racks for their mode of transportation?

5. Scotty

Scotty New Member

6. meoveryouxinfinity

meoveryouxinfinity New Member

taking away a home game?

hate it.

7. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't see itmyself.It would be counter to OUr noncon scedhuling philosophy.That would give us games against two traditionla football powers in BYU and UM.We like to play one cupcake,2 mid-majors and ONE name team.Alao don't see us giving up a homegame in noncon when we are alraedy playing UM on the road.IF this actually happens I would be shocked.

8. SoonerTank

SoonerTank New Member

That is so wrong!:D But funny!!!:D

9. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

If we play one more home game we will have 4 conference home games and 2 non-conference home games, as many home games as we had this year.

10. Theskipster

Theskipster New Member

OU's noncon scheduling philosophy is a top name team and right now Miami only meets half of those requirements. BYU gives OU another strong team to make up for Miami's currently weak team.

11. SOONER STEAKER

SOONER STEAKER New Member

Another game in Dallas would be great for recruiting. Joe C. knows what he's doing. Must be great for us $$$ and I know we could bring in all the top kids in TX to attend another arse whipping put on by the Sooners.

Also, a good trip for our fans who don't get OU/TU tickets.

12. Ardmore_Sooner

I'd be guessing that the Miami game is gonna be off the schedule next year, but this is just a guess.

13. Ardmore_Sooner

14. Ruuuuuufus

Ruuuuuufus New Member

Miami has a scheduling conflict with the Marlins and has asked to reschedule a different year.

15. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

it's getting to the point now where we can't play any directional schools in the nonconference.

i say bring 'em on. it's not like we have any top 5 schools on the sched. but if we can get wins over top 20 teams while other schools are playing the citadel, we'll be in the nc picture every year.

why do you think usc was left out? they had a weak sched.

16. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

If it acts as an away game for us, love it.
    If it acts as a home game for us, completely and totally HATE IT.

17. Scotty

Scotty New Member

18. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So basically we will be in Dallas 3 times next year!

Crucifax Autumn likes this.
  19. soonermeteor

soonermeteor New Member

Is there a reason this is in Dallas? Why can't they just come here?

20. bent rider

bent rider New Member

Their alums in Utah/Nevada/Calif are too tight to travel well east of the Rockies (there is a reason they are going to the Las Vegas Bowl 4 years straight), however lots of local Mormons will be encouraged to go to the game so they will get some butts in the seats.

They are a decent team but Max Hall folds up like a cheap tent at the first sign of good pressure (see this years TCU and University of Utah games). They like to pad their offensive stats against inferior competition, so don't be misled by stats. Should not be a problem for the Sooners.

I hope this is not going to be done giving up a home game.