1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boise St - Va. Tech

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by PDXsooner, Sep 5, 2010.

1. PDXsooner

PDXsooner Formerly OregonSooner

So how is this one gonna go? I get the feeling Va Tech wins by 10-14. I sure as hell hope so. Because if Boise State wins, it's all they have to do to convince the pollsters that they're championship material.

2. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

Boise will win. They are great at showing up for 1 or 2 games a year. I don't dislike them or anything, but that's just the truth.

I will give them credit the day they play 3 or 4 legit teams.

3. Why don't you want boise to win? would it not be badass to get revenge on them in a NC? God willing of course :)

4. Pricetag

Pricetag SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Every time I think Boise is going to get theirs, they still win. They're dangerously close to moving from the hunter to the hunted, and they're playing a team that is very capable of hunting in Virigina Tech. I'll be pulling for the Hokies.

5. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

28-17 BSU

6. gaylordfan1

gaylordfan1 New Member

I think V-Tech wins, but I think BSU will score more than 10.

7. your probably right..I have to say I wasn't mentally prepared to pick that score but will be ready next week

8. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

BSU wins handily IMO. I don't think Taylor will be able to figure out their blitzes. He won't have a good game. If VT wins it will be because of special teams. 24-14 BSU.

9. hgarmorer

hgarmorer New Member

What's the over/under on the announcers stating "Beamer Ball" during the game? BTW for the record, I hate that for some reason. They only announce it during ST play, get all excited about how bad *** the team is and then they screw up and lose. It makes me laugh!

I guessing over 25.

10. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

What's the over/under on Statue of Liberty replays?

11. Soonermagik

Soonermagik New Member

Or.. fake punts or hook and ladder plays. Stoops used to use a bunch of trickery too. People catch on and start planning on it.

12. bluedogok

Yeah but the trick plays that OU used in the past are not shown every time they have a televised game.

13. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

our best DB is out, we're playing FR on the OL, and a WR at QB.....and they act like Boise beat the 74 Sooners.

14. virginiasooner

virginiasooner New Member

One of our local DC weathercasters is an OU Alum (Chuck Bell, 1990). On Sunday morning, he said that Boise State sold 7,000 tickets for the game at Fedex Field, and all of them were on the mall on Saturday. But he also said: "Watch out for Boise State. You turn your back on them, and the next thing you know, they're ahead by one point at the end." Or something close to that.

I detest Boise State and all they stand for. Their fans are also illiterate buffoons (yes, I'm still pissed off!).

Tech 35, Boise State 31.

15. stoopified

stoopified SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Do the Hokie pokie

16. oksoonerdave

oksoonerdave New Member

VT 24

BS 21

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I want Va Tech to prevail as they're so good at, but the days of overlooking these BS'ers is over.

Va Tech dethroned once-respected Miami during their last days of being respected. Hopefully, today, they will give the same treatment to Boyzee

18. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

VT will out-boise Boise, score on special teams once or twice and win 27-20

19. bluedogok

...and everyone knows Tech with lay a turd somewhere else during the season and Boise has little competition once they get past this game.