1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Stoops: news conference Tuesday Jan. 6 at 11:00 a.m.

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by cvsooner, Jan 5, 2015.

1. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Or so Jason Kersey of the Oklahoman is reporting. That's 11:00 a.m. Central time, by the way. No word on what, specifically, he'll be addressing, but safe to say it will probably touch on a staff change or three.

2. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

All kinds of rumors floating around so probably a good call to get whatever is going to happen, done and behind them, and start moving forward.

3. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

I'm suddenly getting the feeling something bad has gone down in the Stoops/Boren/Castiglione relationship and this may be a resignation. I mean, when else has he called a post-season press conference to announce coaching changes that he hasn't made yet (other than Norvell)? This whole thing smells really weird.

Someone on another board also posted a rumor that Boren was blocking Stoops on how to handle Heupel. I completely dismissed it, but now if Stoops really does resign I would have to think that would be one circumstance that I could totally believe would cause Stoops to step down. No way he would, or should, have to tolerate that.

4. achiro

achiro SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I have wondered/worried that stoops may be done. Health issues maybe? But Norvell getting fired tells me he is staying, why fire a guy 2 days before you leave?

5. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

Why, indeed, unless something happened, today, at 2pm, when meeting with Boren. Ergh.

6. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

He's just going to reveal the new press conference podium.

7. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

I bet he will announce that Mike is officially leaving.

8. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

....if Stoops were to resign I would thank him for the memorabilia from 2000, they are antiques now

ss

9. dwarthog

dwarthog Well-Known Member

Doubtful a press conference is being held to announce "firings", that would be sort of a kick in the sack IMO.

More than likely it to announce "hirings" that imply the "firings" have taken place.

10. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Introducing next year's new uniforms. Nike "Bring the 'Tude". They'll be crimson/cream tiger stripes with big ole predator eyes on the helmets. Sure to lock down at least another six recruits or so 'cause we all know that OU's problems in that department have everything to do with not having snazzy enough alternative unis.

11. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well now we know Josh's firing is on the agenda.

12. FaninAma

FaninAma SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Odds that Bob announces his resignation? IMO 30-70. If he does it just confirms the suspicion that his heart hasn't been in the job for a few years now.

13. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Wonder how they spin this? What do you think? Maybe use some of the old standbys, Josh Heupel leaving to spend more his family. Jay Norvell leaving to pursue other interests.

14. cherokeebrewer

cherokeebrewer New Member

All the speculation that Bob stoops and David Boren are at odds over Josh Huepel are nothing but rumor mongering and utter nonsense...

15. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm going to bet that Stoops isn't resigning today...

16. yankee

yankee New Member

I think you're putting 1 and 1 together and getting 3.

17. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

My feeling is just that--a feeling. Not something I've calculated.

As I stated, I completely dismissed the Boren v. Stoops rumor. But *if* that were true, I would assume Stoops' reaction would be to resign. I don't think he'd let Boren play puppet master over the operations of the football team--especially which coaches he wants to let go.

18. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Interesting. Maybe this is why M Stoops is proactively looking for a new job.......maybe.....Nah, just doesn't sound right. It does sound odd to call a press conference just to announce some firings though and you would think if it was to announce some new hires you would wait until everything is in place. Of course maybe it is all in place.

19. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^

20. SoonerMarkVA

SoonerMarkVA New Member

That'll have been a *major coup* by Stoops if he actually has hirings to announce that didn't leak to the press ahead of time!