1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Stoops Credits SEC Ascension to "Propaganda"......

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sabanball, May 7, 2013.

1. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I doubt he cares.

2. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If the defense rebounds this year, and especially if we can somehow outscore the domer, Bob will be back on track.

3. picasso

I meant that I doubt he cares about the yappers on College Foolsball Live.

4. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

NO DISAGREEMENT. I'm just saying if we perform next season, we be walkin' in sunshine.

5. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

If sabanball (or any other SECer) can dispute what Stoops said, I'd love to hear it. From where I stand, he seemed pretty spot on.

6. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

ef em all, SEC SEC SEC, ESPeNis, Big 12 conference, all them effers!

7. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Stoops said it, so it must be true. If you don't like it, then go **** yourself to a picture of nick satan with all your other trailer park buddies, mother ****er.

Seamus likes this.
  8. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Uh-huh!

It's NOT rocket science.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  9. mainline13

mainline13 Member

And that is precisely where the hype and propaganda come into play. ESPiN talks up the SEC being all that, and many poll voters slide up SEC teams because of it. So the top SEC teams start with top rankings, but the 2nd tier are boosted as well. When one of the latter beats one of the former, it doesn't cause as big a drop - because they were highly ranked, but they were ranked that high in part due to all the hype. It's a near perfect self-fulfilling prophecy.

10. rock on sooner

rock on sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hmmm, whatchu rilly think?

11. LSUdeek

LSUdeek New Member

I just wanted to post in this thread to give a resounding **** You to Mac94, the faggies, Bill Byrne, and 24-19.

8timechamps and soonerhubs like this.
  12. champions77

champions77 New Member

S
    If Osu wins out in 2011, they play for a national championship, but they didn't , they lost to an unranked Iowa state team late in the season. You can't ignore the Iowa state game. To say Osu deserved to play in the nc game is not based on any sound reasoning. The best two teams played for the nc.

13. trwxxa

trwxxa New Member

Until someone knocks the SEC of the perch, it will continue. Expect 5 or 6 SEC teams in the initial top 10 before week 1. I guess the polls are meaningless next year?

Bob's case would be stronger if the Big XII would win a Cotton Bowl every now and then.

14. winout

winout New Member

Poor Bob, just no good with the press and only changes qb's due to injuries. Other than that he's a pretty decent HC.

15. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Do people forget that Bob coached in the SEC?

16. thecrimsoncrusader

thecrimsoncrusader New Member

Actually, Colin Klein's concussion that led to the result of the Baylor/KSU game is what put Bama in the title game. Baylor never has a chance to put those number of points if Klein didn't have the concussion that led to 3 interceptions and only 39 rushing yards despite Baylor being one of the crappiest defenses that KSU would face that season. Injuries suck.

17. picasso

And coached well. It could he even be argued that he's the guy that rekindled the SEC defense. Hmmmmm ....bitches.

18. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

Ah ... the Cajun kitties are as classy as ever. And congrats on winning last year ... I do wonder though ... since we're in the same conference now what will you cowards do when we start beating your backside over and over like in the past. When we started winning in the mid 70's you cowards ran ... when we started kicking your backside year after year in the 90's you cowards ran. No more running ... unless you're gonna run and join Tulane in Conference USA. And btw ... I know you all are a little slow in Louisiana ... but Bill Byrne isn't our AD anymore ... he left almost a year ago.

mainline13 - I agree with that ... it has had a snowball effect and the SEC has greatly benefited from it ... in rankings, media coverage, to recruiting.

19. Mac94

Mac94 New Member

I understand that ... but I do think conference titles mean something and have said since the 2001 Nebraska - Miami title game that teams that didn;t win their own conference shouldn;t play for the MNC. LSU had beaten Bama ... and played in and won the SEC title game. The only other real contender was Stanford but they did not win the Pac-12 ... lost to Oregon who had 2 losses.

20. picasso

Mac, I wouldn't start throwing stones at people for "running away" if I was you.