1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biased announcer much ?

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by BoulderSooner79, Apr 2, 2016.

1. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I can't believe what I'm hearing out of the *national* color announcer on the OU/Nova game. I thought I must have been mistaken when I perceived him to be rooting for Nova. Then the play-by-play guy even commented on it. And now, I swear I've heard him refer to Nova as "we"! What is he an ex-Nova player or something? The play by play guy is fine, but the color guy is out of control. I can't believe CBS would do this!

2. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Nothing to really cheer about for OU

3. BoulderSooner79

I meant TBS and not CBS, but the same applies - this is a national game and the announcers should just call the game.

The refs are not doing us any favors either as a clear push off for a rebound on Nova was called against OU. Fortunately, the announcer was there to tell us it was the correct call.

BTW, the lead just hit 14 and the announcer just let out a cheer.

4. BoulderSooner79

Ok, last gripe about it. The announcer is Brian Finneran and he played football at Villanova. I guess that makes it okay for him to refer Nova as "we" and openly cheer for them. I would hope he would be a bit more professional than that, but poor choice by TBS to put him on their games. I guess if OU somehow digs out of this big halftime hole, it will be sweet to hear his sobs. Harumpf!

5. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Sorry but you are watching the Villanova team stream on Tru TV. The national broadcast is Nantz Rafferty, etc.

6. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

TNT has the OU team stream

7. BoulderSooner79

Yep, my bad. There was nothing that said it was a Villanova stream. There is another stream that is clearly labeled "Sooners".

8. BoulderSooner79

Of course, no announcers could make up for this disaster anyway.

9. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I just hope those announcers had Gatorade towels big enough to clean up all the splooge under the table, glowing over 'Nova's great plays on both ends of the court.

I hope Lon learns from this one.

5-0

10. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

Our boys sure got caught in quicksand

11. DrZaius

DrZaius Well-Known Member

Other than the gigantic ticker at the bottom that said Villanova team stream the entire game....

12. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was totally confused as we had Grant Hill (dukey) and Raftery (played at La Salle and coached at Seton Hall) who were practically begging for OU to turn up the intensity.

13. BoulderSooner79

My wife setup to record the game as I was out on a bike ride when it started. Clearly I was confused as I didn't know there were alternate streams and I just "assumed" it was the national feed. The "assumed" did the *** thing on me. Instead of wondering why the color guy was so biased, I should have been perplexed as to why the play by play guy was being so impartial.

I guess I should be pulling for Nova to show that OU just ran into the best team that was on a roll. I don't really care that much now, but I think I'd enjoy the Tar Hills putting the hurt on them more than the other way around.

14. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

OU stream was Eddie Najera and it was brutal. He was great on the court but shouldn't have a mic.

15. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member