1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BCS at large....

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by proudsoonergal, Nov 14, 2006.

1. proudsoonergal

proudsoonergal New Member

(I didn't see this posted in another thread, so if it has been, I apologize.)

Assuming OU beats Baylor & OSU, but Texas beats A&M to get to the CCG...and then loses. Nebraska would then get an automatic bid to the Fiesta. Assuming there was an open selection (ie Boise did not get in, etc etc etc), would the BCS take OU (as a "2" loss team) or Texas (a 3 loss team)? I would assume they would pick OU, since we would have a better record and (theoretically) be ranked higher, but I'm admittedly biased.

Discuss.

2. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We'll be in the BCS whether Texass wins out or not. To many top 10 teams play each other and too many over rated teams play relatively tough games for us to not move up.

3. Sonner magic923

Sonner magic923 New Member

did i miss something or what dont the big 12 champ play in the orange bowl against the big east champ or is all that out the window now. I mean cus i would love to see us kick the crap out of LU, or RU

4. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Huh?

Assuming I read that post correctly, there are many threads here explaiing the BCS selection process.

5. Sonner magic923

Sonner magic923 New Member

well then school me cuz i must of missed em

6. proudsoonergal

proudsoonergal New Member

The short version is that the Big XII champ usually goes to the Fiesta.

7. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i tink are chane is beeen yankd....

8. onikuno

onikuno New Member

I say if Boise St loses...

OU wins out...

Texas beats A&M....

OU vs Texas in the Fiesta Bowl!

Lets see what OU can do without turnovers and bad calls.

Just wishful thinking.

9. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

The only good thing about that would be the image of Mack Brown's face (a la Tom Osborne) when they announce that he has to play us again.

10. Crimson and Orange

Crimson and Orange Trollin' for Crimson Spek

If Ohio St/Michigan winner plays USC in the NC game, and the OSU/Mich loser plays in the Rose, the Rose will still have an at-large. The Rose Bowl would love to have the Big 10 runner-up play a Pac-10 team, but nobody else in the Pac-10 besides USC seems BCS-worthy.

OU-Michigan would be one hell of a great Rose Bowl matchup.

11. ousoonerfan

ousoonerfan Active Member

If the Rose Bowl has the option, they will go with Pac-10 vs. Big 10 every single time, no matter how crappy the teams are.

12. fadada1

fadada1 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i'd love to play one of these "one loss teams" and b*tch slap them to the tune of 50-0. shut some people up for a while.

13. sooneron

sooneron Soonerfans.com Elitist

English would help:confused:

14. JohnnyMack

JohnnyMack SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hate this thread with the fire of a thousand suns.

15. AimForCenterMass

AimForCenterMass New Member

16. MiccoMacey

MiccoMacey Well-Known Member

Ha ha. That was classic. I'll never tire of seeing that.

USC will lose to Cal. At least.

17. Crimson and Orange

Please stop. The thought of ND playing OSU/Michigan in Tempe makes me puke.

18. MiccoMacey

MiccoMacey Well-Known Member

No worries. ND will lose to USC.

19. Crimson and Orange

I hope so. And the more 1-loss teams that go down, the better the chances are for OU (I know it's an outside shot) to pick up an at-large. Cheer hard for Nevada to knock off BSU, USC to beat ND, Cal to beat USC, and the SEC to beat each other silly the last few weeks. Oh yeah- and Rutgers lays an egg in Morgantown. I'd like to see Oklahoma get a BCS bid.....well, except for the Fiesta. ;)

20. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member