1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baylor gets WHACKED by the NCAA......

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Salt City Sooner, Jun 23, 2005.

1. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Look, in response to Badger...

What you said is true, and we knew that the NCAA was going to impose some sort of offical sanction on us. We were prepared for that. What we weren't prepared for was this degree of punishment which, all things considered, just isn't fair or reasonable.

The players that Drew has recurited knew that NCAA sanctions were coming, but I don't think anyone was really prepared for this kind of punishment.

If someone thinks I'm looking at this situation through green and gold colored glasses then please by all means correct me. I haven't heard a good (i.e. non-aggie) argument that these NCAA sanctions are correct and justified.

2. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

its those green and gold colored glasses, after your rogue tennis program which I might add destroyed all of the NCAA's faith in humanity was given a free pass, they couldn't let you guys get off with two slaps on the wrist ;)

3. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

A player was killed.

The Baylor University administration had it happen on their watch.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me to not be able to play non-conference games for one year.

4. Gandalf_The_Grey

That is like the Olympics blaming Israel for getting their athletes killed at the Olympics since after all it did happen during Israel's watch.

5. Gandalf_The_Grey

A person was murderered in the state of Oklahoma last year

The State had it happen on their watch

Sounds pretty reasonable that I shouldn't have to pay state taxes next year.

6. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

okay, how bout this for a good argument...

The punishment was Baylor's idea, the ncaa just accepted it. So you COULD say that Baylor SHOULD have told the ncaa "no broccoli for a year" instead of "no non-conference games for a year." Considering how tough Baylor has had it, the ncaa might have been generous :)

On the other hand, da Bears could have also received the death penalty, and dang it, that would have been two less wins for the Sooners this year! (three if we meet at the Big 12 tourney!)

7. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Er, not really. Because I missed the part where the terrorists were part of the Israeli national team.

I'd say nice try, but it wasn't.

8. Gandalf_The_Grey

How about this one? They were both members of the state, shouldn't the state be punished?