1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basketball Season!

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Serge Ibaka, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka New Member

Well, I'm bummed with the bedlam-loss, but now I can throw all of my emotions into Thunder & Sooner basketball.

2 good home-games coming up against ORU & Arkansas. I might try to make at least one of the two.

ORU is 6-2 with narrow losses to WVU and UT San Antonio.

Arkansas is 5-2 with losses to Houston and @UConn.

2. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

took me awhile to figure out who arent was. 0 athleticism but atleast some jud buechler size down low.

can help fitz bring down some boards.

3. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

I was looking at the schedule, and there is a real shot at being 11-1 and ranked going into conference play. We should hold serve at home, and this is not a vintage Cincy team. As for conference play, I think there a three distinct categories of teams. There are the elites- BU, MU, KU; the mid-level- A&M, *, KSU; and the bottom- OSU, ISU, and Tech. I think we are the wildcard. So, here's my take:

1. We sweep OSU, ISU, and Tech (6-0) (from what I have seen, we are definitely better than all of them)
    2. We have a winning record against the mid-level (4-2) (win out at home and beat * in @$$tin)
    3. We sneak a couple from the big 3 (2-4) (most likely KU and MU in Norman- this isn't a vintage KU team)

That would put us at 12-6 in conference and 23-7 overall. Let's say we go 1-1 in the Big XII tourney. We might slip one that we shouldn't lose, and win one that we weren't expected to win. That puts us at 24-8, probably 4th in the league, and likely in the Dance. If all of this happens, Coach Kruger should be National Coach of the Year. We have a good starting five and a nice bench; we play at nice, uptempo pace; and we play bigger than we are. Again, we need to keep improving and I think we will get there.