1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barbecue sauces

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by jthomasou78, Dec 7, 2006.

1. jthomasou78

jthomasou78 New Member

My new brother in law is a god guy a new to the family. He loves barbecue. I was thinking of getting him a collection of barbecue sauces for christmas. Anyone have any suggestions, I need to be able to get it online.

I was thinking something from Head Country and from Salt Lick any other good ones?

2. Petro-Sooner

Petro-Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Head Country

Lock the thread.

3. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

K.C. Masterpice
    YWIA

4. sas

sas New Member

stubbs

Head country is my favorite

5. Jimminy Crimson

Jimminy Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Selmon Brothers

6. SoonerStud615

SoonerStud615 New Member

Salt Lick

7. StoopTroup

StoopTroup New Member

8. Melo

Melo New Member

Amen.

9. hurricane'bone

hurricane'bone Well-Known Member

Billy Sims

10. OUDoc

OUDoc ..............

Hell yeah!

11. Boarder

Boarder Yacht Rocker

[​IMG] Poser BBQ Sauce

12. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Head Country.

Robertsons.

Stubbs is pretty good for a jar sauce but 1. it's from Austin and 2. you can buy it in Boulder, Colorado (which is where both real BBQ and Mexican food go to die and then manage to suck out loud--except for Santiago's and Taqueria El Rey--but no one goes there except mexicans and me)>

or PM and check out Soonerfans very own poster birddogbbq--the purveyer of the best BBQ in Southern Colorado. i bet he'd hook ya up.

13. soonerboomer93

soonerboomer93 Dirty bastard

I've heard that has some special poser ingrediants, might stay away from it

:pop:

14. PrideTrombone

PrideTrombone New Member

If you're looking for more of a vinegary, salty flavor order a bottle from the Rendezvous in Memphis.

15. walkoffsooner

walkoffsooner New Member

Best ever if you like it hot:)

16. Ike

Ike party pooper

Just a few that I remember from the Naperville Ribfest...the 4th of July festival I always go to just outside of chicago. Most of these places aren't really close to you probably, but, IMHO, they all had some kick *** bbq sauces.

17th St. Grill in Murphysboro, IL. They make a real smooth apple-barbecue sauce that I really loved. http://www.17thstreetbarbecue.com/
    note: it appears that their online store isn't working yet, but you may be able to call them up and place an order.

Johnson's BBQ. Home of the Thermonuclear BBQ sauce. The first time I had it it burned the crap out of my mouth. The second time (a year later), it seemed not as hot as before, but still good. http://www.johnsons-bbq.com/index.php
    again, I don't see order forms online, however, you can contact them about the sauce through the website and perhaps place an order for some.

Famous Daves. Perhaps I only thought it was good because it came right after the thermonuclear sauce and my taste buds were fried, but I do remember really liking their ribs. And their online store appears to be up and running. http://www.famousdaves.com

The Aussom Aussies. I think they took 2nd place at Ribfest this year, but I thought they deserved first much more than the winner did (I didn't really care for the winners ribs that much). anyway, they kicked ***, and the online store is up. http://www.aussomaussie.com/grill-main.asp

17. Xstnlsooner

Xstnlsooner New Member

I'm big on Head Country too!! and their seasoning is great too!
    We use it on steak, chicken, burgers, etc. when we grill!! Primo!

18. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what? c'mon.

19. Okla-homey

Okla-homey SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:les: It's BOOMER-Q!Hook 'em

20. IB4OU2

IB4OU2 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

for a local brand that's really good Duwaynes BBQ sauce made in Newkirk OKla.