1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baker Mayfield Career and Legacy

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by soonerrhea, Oct 24, 2017.

1. soonerrhea

soonerrhea New Member

There have been some conversations around if not just this season, but the career of perhaps the best Sooner quarterback of all time has been squandered by the deficiencies of defense. What do you all think the legacy of Baker Mayfield will be as this season ends?
    http://lastwordoncollegefootball.com...gacy-oklahoma/

2. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

His career isn’t effected by the defense at all. As a team yes... but you can still be great individually.

3. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think Baker is easily the best leader I’ve ever seen live at OU. Mind you I’m not old. Normally I would think we are out of games but not when baker has been the qb. The 14 true road games won I’ve never seen live in my lifetime. Baker has the skills and leadership to be arguably Top 3 in Sooners history at the position. He’s better than Bradford was to me.

4. SoonerMagic

SoonerMagic New Member

Mayfield is the best ever. Period! Defense doesn't tarnish him. He wins in spite of defense, and that's what puts him at the top of a lot of really, really good Sooner QBs.