1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army All American Game

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by NorthernIowaSooner, Jan 4, 2014.

1. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Id bet Mixon will go to UCLA if I was a betting man.

2. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

So, still looking forward to our beating Bama having recruiting dividends.

3. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Not seeing any FSU, da U, and the gaytors getting anything like I usually see.

4. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Here we go. Mixon about to pick

5. freshchris05

freshchris05 New Member

6. MojoRisen

MojoRisen New Member

MIXON BABBBY!

7. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

He picked OU!

8. okiewaker

okiewaker New Member

Whoooooooooooo!!!!!! Come to papa

9. landrun

landrun Well-Known Member

I really though he was going to UCLA!! Great pick up!!

10. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

I thought Cal for sure when that hat was up there. He ruled them out before but kids want shock value.

11. soonerwalt

soonerwalt New Member

WOW!!!!! Huge get by RBC Gundy He said the Sugar bowl win sealed the deal. Hopefully this might just be the boost we need to finish off a good recruiting season. BOOMER

12. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Well, I didn't have to wait long. Welcome to bigtime football, Joe!

13. JiminyChristmas

JiminyChristmas New Member

Can he become the best "Joe" to carry the ball for the Sooners? Might have to call him Big Joe if he puts in the work and develops into that.

14. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

You guys that had Mixon going to UCLA....c'mon!

First, NEVER trust the paid recruiting services. Every one of them had Williams to OU. Secondly, if you really know where to look, all of the information is available for free. Also, if you are really tuned in to social media, you will learn far more than you will from the paid sites.

UCLA was a late addition by Mixon. At one point, he had FSU in his top three. The only two constants were OU and Wisconsin. That's ultimately who it came down to, and I don't think there was much of a decision to be made after the Sugar Bowl. It wasn't so much the win that convinced him, it was the behavior of the team and seeing AD on the sidelines. There was also a ton of external recruiting going on, and that always helps.

Williams was still a shock to me. I'm also not 100% convinced he'll stay with UCLA. We'll see.

Mark Andrews has been pretty clear that the Sooners recruited him as a WR, but he sure looked good at TE today. In the end, I think he'll play where he's asked to play.