1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arkansas-Little Rock

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by bufsa, Mar 7, 2011.

1. bcolston15

bcolston15 New Member

His stuff was bad and he wasn't pitching aggresively. There's nothing more to the story.

2. ou1883

ou1883 New Member

Shore was pitching up in the zone and he was getting hammered in the first inning. It's clear Sunny isn't happy with how they played yesterday and today. He was pulling people today. He also pulled Max for looking at strike 3 with a runner on third with less than one out. Now in Max's defense, the strike zone was all over the place today.

3. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I like it, is the time of year to send a message

4. I like Coach Golloways way of thinking. If the players aren't performing, bring someone else in that will. Shore was pitching badly, bring in Overton who is pitching great, no need to let UALR tee off and put OU in a deep hole early. I applaud his coaching.

5. bufsa

bufsa New Member

"Shore was pitching up in the zone and he was getting hammered in the first inning" -- Whether or not SG was right or wrong to pull him he is the coach but a hit a walk a ground out a fly out and a strike out is not really my definition of getting hammered.

6. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

way to mis-represent

7. ou1883

ou1883 New Member

The "hit" was a home run and the "fly out" was a line drive to left field. Were you at the game or are you looking at the box score?

Collier11 likes this.
  8. bcolston15

bcolston15 New Member

I feel very confident in saying we would've lost the game had Shore continued to pitch.

Now, is that why he was pulled? No. He was pulled because he was pitching like a midweek guy. Everyone should expect more, and SG does.

I'd say he's in a battle to keep Overton from taking his spot now.

9. Sooner74

Sooner74 New Member

I'd say he's in a battle to keep from losing Saturday. Overton would move to Sunday.

I guess I was right weeks ago in the Shore thread that everyone jumped on me. He just doesn't have it and I noticed that weeks ago.

10. TumbleweedDoom

TumbleweedDoom New Member

Shore will start against Arizona St. This week. He may just a midweek starter from now until the postseason. And that's fine, considering the level of competition we play in the midweek this season: we need a guy there better than most (some?).

11. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Good problem to have! Shore has proven he's no slouch.

12. bcolston15

bcolston15 New Member

Where's Burch Smith gonna go? I guess you were right? But I think everyone has said he needs to pitch better.

13. Sooner74

Sooner74 New Member

Smith moves to Saturday. I was saying he is in a battle for his spot being taken.

And check out the Shore thread. I called him out.

14. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We've got 4-5 great pitchers. I wouldn't be too proud about calling anyone out. Jus sayin'.

15. ou1883

ou1883 New Member

Do we know for sure that Smith will go to Saturday? It's pretty nice to go righty-lefty-righty and Sunny has tried to make sure rotation sets up that way in the past.

16. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

According to soonersports.com, yes.. Burch Smith is going today.

17. bcolston15

bcolston15 New Member

It's all fluid, but as is it stands right now I'd say it would be Rocha-Overton-Smith.

18. bcolston15

bcolston15 New Member

Anyone else having trouble with the video from Soonersports?

19. oklasooners

oklasooners New Member

Can someone post updates for us that can only follow on our blackberrys. Thanks

20. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

I am having video problems as well