1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any fire Wilson posts yet?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ddub0224, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

Or would that be too predictable...like his close/road game play calling.

Or do you guys think that he just doesn't trust Landry in thes types of games?

2. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Is this a fire Wilson thread?

3. Cornfed

Cornfed New Member

I think 402 yards of offence isnt a reason to fire someone. We jsut need to produce more in the 4th and finish drives better. (ie no turnovers)

4. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think you need to be more obscure. You should start a Fire Gundy thread ;)

5. Leroy Lizard

Leroy Lizard SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm not sure Landry is throwing the passes that are called.

6. btb916

btb916 New Member

Well I don't shy away from criticizing our coaches, but I really felt like the mistakes on offense in this game amounted to poor execution of a really good game plan. I was happy with the play calling (which is obviously KW's main goal, to please me:). It's hard to fault KW for Landry's picks, Madu's fumble, and the O-line's total breakdowns at times.

7. Leroy Lizard

IMO, our OL is getting beat in the 4th quarter. That will make any playcalling look bad.

8. TXBOOMER

TXBOOMER New Member

The fourth quarter was 2 minutes and 8 seconds of poor execution by our offense. That is for sure. I would like to see us spread it out in the I and run the fullback lead power game every once in a while. Our D is below average (80th). Our speed game with low possession time does not compliment the D much. But we will beat the F out of CO this week.

9. SoonerWarMachine#1

SoonerWarMachine#1 New Member

Would like to see a departure from Demarco Flare pass right/left, followed by off tackle dive right/left, followed by a punt . . . maybe a pass down field in the middle of the field

10. fire josh heupel....

11. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fire our WaterBoy!!!!

12. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

BINGO! That was my point. I thought the play calling was good until the 4th quarter. But come crunch time, we would telegraph a bubble screen, then run up the middle, then throw a pass short of the first down, then punt. We stopped using Finch (who was bouncing it outside at will) and stopped throwing it downfield.

That is why I was asking if you guys thought it was Wilson or Landry that was more responsible for that. Remember, Landy's INT was on a screen pass, not a pass down field.

13. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Seven rushes in the second half.

14. goingoneight

goingoneight I said Biiiiiiiitch--

The two INTs were kind of a weird thing. I never fault a guy for a pick if it's deflected. That stuff just happens. And the first one was kind of a lucky break by the Mizzou DE/LB guy. He just kinda stood up at just the right time on a busted play and Ratteree's ball went right back the other direction. What I continue to be the most concerned about is OUr interior DL and LB play. It looked like 7 on 7 drills out there for Gabbert. Still, as raped as we were defensively, OUr team would have done enough to win without special teams costing us 10 points. We lost by nine. Figure that one.

15. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Fire Josh Hype-el! We only had one first down and one completed pass during the last quarter :mad:

:rolleyes: don't fire anyone. we need all of the help we can get to make sure Baylor doesn't take the Big 12 South

16. Leroy Lizard

Again, I don't think KW is calling the flare. I think Landry is dumping the ball off as his second choice.

But I have no way of knowing for sure.

17. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Dean's tailgates are solid. It's the donors that suck. I mean, the dude just supplies the tables. It's the brownies that suck, not Dean.

18. CaliBornSoonerBred

CaliBornSoonerBred New Member

Fire Landry Wilson-Heupel??

19. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Fire David Boren. Accountability should start at the top, not the bottom. Then, go to the bottom - the lawn guy who allows the crimson-colored mums on campus to fade to orange :mad: