1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allen Eagles and the Evans brothers...

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Curly Bill, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Curly Bill

Curly Bill I'm a shootist

As someone who has been quite critical of OU's recruiting class to date, and having just watched the Allen Eagles dominate the 5-A Div. II state title game in Texas ( I think they could finish in the top half of the Big 12 ;) ), and having watched both Bobby and Tay Evans star in the game for Allen, I will say that I'm not at all disappointed that these two young men will be joining the Sooner program. Tay in 2014 and Bobby not until the 2015 class. While I didn't exactly put a microscope on the two of them, I will say that what I saw was very impressive, and gladly welcome these two young men aboard.

...and man! Would I love for OU to land Kyler Murray!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

Yeah, good players both.

We were *this* close to landing Sams. Still, I really like Tay as a linebacker. Bobby is going to be really good, just not sure where he'll end up playing.

3. Curly Bill

I didn't study the game by any means, but I liked Tay every bit as much as Sams, though I'd take him too. Allen played Bobby at LT, but that of course doesn't mean he'll be there for OU.

4. Curly Bill

I wanted to watch the Cedar Hill game as well, but Fox Sports Southwest showed the damn Mavericks game instead.

Do you know where we might stand with DeMarkus Lodge?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  5. lexsooner

lexsooner Well-Known Member

I watched UT commit Jerrod Heard, qb from Denton Guyer, and I was really impressed. He is fast and very elusive and I think he throws better than Swoopes, so this guy is going to be a stud for Texas, unfortunately.

6. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Even with a new coach, they'll probably find a way to screw him up.

7. Curly Bill

Yeah, one of my buddies is a UT grad, so he puts on facebook how he can't wait for Jerrod Heard to get to UT. In so many words I told him how with UT's track record with highly rated QB's I wasn't the least bit concerned.

Swoopes wasn't even good enough to make a 2-A high school football program very good, I don't know why anyone would be concerned with him being able to make a D-I football program better??? He's a good athlete, and an ok quarterback, but take away that Swoopes name and I don't know that anyone would have ever heard much about him.

Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  8. Curly Bill

I saw part of the replay of the Cedar Hill game. I'd love for OU to land Demarkus Lodge next year.

I was not particularly impressed with Marcus Green, our cornerback recruit from there. In fairness I didn't get to see him much as Katy was a running team, but he gave up a catch late in the game that he just looked really bad on.

9. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

We're in good with him right now. He's made a couple of unofficial visits to Norman (for both games and practice). I think he and Norvell have a really good connection.

Back to the other game...I've always thought Evans was just a bit better than Sams, but was really hoping we could get them both. Nonetheless, I got a chance to see some of the replay from last night's game, the Evan's boys did look good.

10. shytnik

shytnik New Member

Kyler Murray I would only take as an athlete, he's only 5'11 so I don't see him as a college QB. I would also like to see us go after the Sadler kid at Argyle, kid is just a gamer. He's committed to Texas Tech, but I think we could get him.

11. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

I would doubt that Sadler is on the radar. IIRC Norvell wanted to focus more on taller receivers and Sadler doesn't fit that bill.

12. shytnik

shytnik New Member

Yeah, he's definitely not on the radar. We are done at WR with only a slot offer out, but he dominated the 3A game and was really the reason Argyle won state. Just has the kinda fight we need, but not sure where he would project at OU, probably not on the offensive side of things.