1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALL Things Tourney Related (RPI, Bracketology, etc.)

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by OUSKINS, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Clemson could be hard

2. GrapevineSooner

GrapevineSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Syracuse vs I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK

3. JLEW1818

damn Syracuse too,

4. Sooner98

Sooner98 New Member

So, here's our probable road: Morgan State, Clemson/Michigan, Syracuse, UNC. We gotta play better than we have been, but I'll take it.

5. JLEW1818

Midwest is hardest i think

6. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Where are UAB and Tulsa?

7. JLEW1818

quick to the morgan state message boards!!!!

8. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Well..., not so bad. Relatively close to home for the first round, and these are teams I'm fairly confident we can beat. North Carolina, if we both get there, will be a darned tough match-up.

9. Ardmore_Sooner

Ardmore_Sooner New Member

NIT! NIT!

10. KC//CRIMSON

KC//CRIMSON New Member

Gotta love that commercial.....

Texas has NO ANSWER for Carmelo Anthony!

bri likes this.
  11. cheezyq

cheezyq Well-Known Member

The East and Midwest look really tough. I think ours is a winnable bracket.

12. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

I think UNC's better is better than anyone's else's better when they play their A-game. At the same time I like our chances to get to the regional final. Too bad we couldn't play Syracuse in OKC or Tulsa though.

I've watched Clemson several times. They have looked real good at times but I think they are a good match-up for Blake inside. If Arizona St could knock off Syracuse which is very,very likely I think we would have a pretty big edge there.

This is all based of course on us playing better than we have the last few games. If we don't turn it up a notch then it won't matter who wins between Syr and Ariz St though.

13. tommieharris91

tommieharris91 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Neither did we. :(

14. Bruiser53

Bruiser53 New Member

Clemson lost to two wins in the ACC Georgia Tech in their first game in the ACC tourney and have lost 4 of their last 5, so they are right there with us in terms of struggling going into the tournament. They have some long, lankey athletes and at least one white guy that can hit threes, but I don't think they are well coached. This is definatly a game we should win the second round assuming Clemson gets past Meatchicken, who seems like a wildcard at this point.

If you look farthur ahead, Syracuse is a very interesting 3 seed in this bracket. After their emotional and exhausting run through the Big East tournament to the championship, I wounder how they will respond in the NCAAs. Something tells me they are spent and won't make it to the sweet 16. Arizona State is an ok team, but I still don't think the Pac 10 is worth two craps, so hopefully all this could can lead to a decent run and perhaps a matchup with UNC, and then we'll see what happens. But I guess we can't overlook Morgan State or we'll end up like Iowa St back 6 years ago or so.

15. IronHorseSooner

IronHorseSooner New Member

SU has a history of expending too much energy in the Big East Tourney and getting bounced early in the NCAAs (Vermont, anyone). It all comes down to OUr guards. If they hit their threes, we win. If they don't we lose. Simple as that.

16. soonermagic1986

soonermagic1986 New Member

does anybody know when we play thursday!!!!!!!!!

17. SoonerStud615

SoonerStud615 New Member

8:40 pm CST

18. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Not just threes ... any shots period... the guards are so inconsistent