1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All over but the crying for Baylor...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerus, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Soonerus

Soonerus SoonerFans.com Elite Member

42-10 in Stillwater...?Boo hoo....

2. ouwasp

ouwasp New Member

yep....the Baylor faithful will leave a veritable Trail o' Tears down I-35.

Due to very low temps, travelers should beware of black ice.

3. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Sicem should really consider making OU his first love. He claims theyve always been his second favorite but what's the point I stickin with the bears?

4. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

5. 70sooner

70sooner High Plains Drifter

2 weeks is a long time. Get some of the aches and pains eased, install a nice game plan and go to stoolwater and beat the focking aggies, damnit...

6. Soonerus

I knew Baylor was....well Baylor....

7. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I told a poke in my chirch class 4 weeks ago they'd beat them.
    He wasn't sure.

8. Therealsouthsider

Therealsouthsider New Member

...from lights-out to turn out the lights

...that was fun stuff

ss

9. Soonerus

Resembles a crip fight...

10. SicEmBaylor

SicEmBaylor Baylor Ambassador

Not accurate. I said I grew up liking OU more than OSU. What's the point of sticking with the Bears? I didn't go to f'n OU, OSU, or anywhere else. I proudly chose Baylor over everywhere else, and I've never regretted that decision for a moment lest of all because of a single football game.

I started at Baylor during the Kevin Steele years -- do you honestly think one loss is going to make me jump ship? Please. I'm a loyal guy. I never jump ship for anything when things go bad.

11. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Baylor probably could've saved some money if they'd waited a little bit to extend that contract.

12. SicEmBaylor

I think everyone is still perfectly pleased that we extended the contract. Although, if the bottom falls out as far as fan support then I do worry that CAB may be more inclined to go elsewhere.

13. Eielson

I'm not saying it's a bad signing. I just think they picked about the worst time possible to extend him.

14. SicEmBaylor

I disagree. If he sees a dramatic drop in fan support then it may cause him to look elsewhere. If we waited until now to sign the contract, he may have been less inclined to sign it.

15. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

For Briles it was the perfect time to sign, catch em euphoric after beating OU but before losing to state.

The surprise is college admins not learning from the West Virginia experience, hiring so-so Bill Stewart after an emotional win . . .

16. Mjcpr

Mjcpr SoonerFans.com Elite Member

....also against us.

17. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

I love to rag on Baylor (severe understatement) but they made the absolute right decision to extend his contract to ensure he retires there. I thought the money sounded high given that they were only 8 games into their *dream season* and all, but I guess we didn't stick with a 10-team conference and sign new TV deals so that the extra money could be spent on academics.

Baylor didn't go to bowl games in the Big 12 before Art. They didn't have major award winners in the Big 12 (other then their punter) before Art. They didn't content for the Big 12 title before Art. That has to be worth a contract extension.

So, good for Baylor and good for Art. Now... who in the hell is everyone supposed to vote for to dethrone the SEC from winning titles? Therapists for $200 or are we going with Little Sisters of the Poor beaters?

18. PrideMom

PrideMom New Member

Now, Baylor needs to beat Texas, and OU needs to beat OSU, and then the BIG XII will look just like we thought it would. NO one is all that great!

19. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I don't have a problem with that since it means that beating Oklahoma is a REALLY BIG DEAL to every program not named Notre Dame or USC.

The Sooners are still the team the others can only wish they were . . .

20. Eielson

I doubt that he'd look elsewhere with the money they were throwing at him. He's a great coach, but he's far from a bargain anymore. He's getting paid at the level of guys like Stoops and Meyer, and he's not on their levels. Then again, he's getting paid less than Mack Brown and Butch Jones, so it's not all bad. There isn't a salary cap, so if you've got the money, I guess you should go for it.