1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/8 College Football Top 25 et al.

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by ouflak, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Et alii

2. ouflak

I dare anybody to bet on Savannah State!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. MountainOkie

MountainOkie New Member

Mississippi plays twice on saturday?

ouflak likes this.
  4. MountainOkie

MountainOkie New Member

They certainly spell missouri differently now that they're in the SEC.

ouflak likes this.
  5. ouflak

Too many 'miss's! Anyway, fixed.

6. CowboyMRW

CowboyMRW Wrestling is OSU

Today's SSU/FSU game line was at 70.5. Highest in history

ouflak likes this.
  7. ouflak

Added the Earlham versus Kenyon matchup. Earlham has lost 21 in a row, Kenyon 24. Naturally it's a pick'em.

8. 85sooners

85sooners New Member

Savanna st sucks

ouflak likes this.
  9. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

People are getting a steal with SSU at 57. :D

ouflak likes this.
  10. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Gonna be some blowouts.

5-0

ouflak likes this.
  11. Lott's Bandana

Lott's Bandana SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I went with the home field advantage.

What sport is that? Fütbol?

ouflak likes this.
  12. ouflak

Division III football. Thank goodness for the internet or I'd probably never be able to dig up the final score.

13. ouflak

They shortened the game. 2 points away from me htting my spread and they shortened the game.

14. Eielson

Eielson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm gonna be pissed if that counts as FSU not covering the spread.

15. hawaii 5-0

Since the game was cancelled before it was official it shouldn't count.

We'll have to see....

5-0

16. ouflak

Well, I'm counting it as not covering the spread. It is an official result, and I don't post the lines and results here with the caveat, "...unless ofcourse... etc, etc..." Either the game ends the way it is predicted or not. Sorry. I doubled my normal bet on this FSU team, so I lose as well, so it's not like I'm being unfair or something.

17. ouflak

I don't see how I or Vegas could be expected to not hold to this result. Sure, it's almost a certainty that if the game had continued on, even with FSU's 3rd stringers, that score would be different. But what if Savannah's 1st stringers are surprisingly actually able to hold their own at that point? What their head coach sees something, a small exploit that he's able to take advantage of to the tune of a couple of scores? What if they add on top of that a couple of fluke special teams scores? I'm not a psychic and settling these bets on what should have happened instead of what actually did happen sets a dangerous precedent. The official score goes in the book as 55-0, so that's what I will use.

18. hawaii 5-0

"All stats and the final score will count. But according to pregame.com, a sports gambling website, all wagers on the game will be refunded -- college football bets aren't official until 55 minutes have been played."

From ESPN.com

Aren't these vBets?

This sorta thing happened last year. I don't remember the specifics but several betters were screwed outta a lot of vCash. Badger made it up by posting a sucker bet and everyone went home happy.

5-0

19. ouflak

I actually need to come up with a sucker bet because a screw-up last weekend. I'm willing to do that. But vBets have not such vPolicy except that which the moderator that post the bet comes up with. I'm Vegas is so generous. It's real money, so probably good business. But this is vCash here. We're cold-hearted. Anyway, I'm mulling over a sucker bet or two. Just need to get my creative juices flowing.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    hawaii 5-0 likes this.
  20. hawaii 5-0

I personally thank you for doing the necessary dirty work of maintaining the vBetting section.

I'll try to place nominal bets more on stuff I really don't care as much about, such as NFL.

5-0

ouflak likes this.