1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 football commit Safety JAMILE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Feb 14, 2014.

1. 8timechamps

8timechamps Administrator

I really can't address the DBs with any real background, but I also coach (D-line) at the high school level (going on my 6th year). I'm not a paid full-time coach, it's something I do to help the school and because I have fun doing it, so I am by no means an "expert". It's not uncommon at all for a lineman to add 40+ pounds from the end of their junior year to the end of their college career. As you probably know, the biggest kids end up having to lose weight...regain muscle...before they ever even see the field at the collegiate level.

As for JKM, I just don't get the feeling that he's trying to do anything more than have a discussion. JKM certainly understands the game far more than the average fan, but I don't take his posts as "I'm right and all others are wrong". Plus, he's been around (as have you) long enough to know he isn't like that.

Eh, I'm kinda done with this one. We probably spent far too little time discussing the actual commit in this thread...but, that's what we do! :)

2. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Once again, I'm not necessarily saying you were. I also understand your perception based on kids today. When I look at my 20 year old yearbook there are maybe 10 people out of 1000 that you would consider seriously overweight. You look at yearbook today and you don't get off of the 1st page. What this means to me is you have more kids carrying bad weight forward into those growth spurts. So you are not going to see as much weight gain as body change in those kids. However, when you look at pictures of THIS kid, you see he is already around 13-16% as he has decent vascularity. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the kid was already almost 18 based on how he looks.

3. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Heresy!! We've had 178 page threads on blank topics!!!

4. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I hate the off season! LOL

5. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Hell, we've eclipsed 200 on Deleted threads!

It's how we roll.

6. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

Yes, but that didn't break the board like the mime topics did :D

OU_Sooners75 likes this.
  7. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

oh those mime topics were fun.

8. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

1. The only birthdate i could find was 1996 which would put him at 19? I just can't believe that is right.
    3. His senior year, he said he was 6'1 205, but he reported at Texas Tech at 6'0 192. What is 15 pounds between friends? If his age is 18 and he added 13 that would put 148 to 192 in 3 years which is about right. If he is 19, then I'd assume that the weights were right (160 and 205) and they leaned him out over the summer. I still think he is going to struggle to keep that weight down enough to stay at corner.

9. AlvinWhisp

AlvinWhisp New Member

10. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member

11. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member

12. AaronCrelp

AaronCrelp Member

13. BennyJab

BennyJab Member

14. Michaeltug

Michaeltug Member