1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2015 Diamond Head Classic in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner95, Dec 22, 2015.

1. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

As soon as OU won I got on my cell phone and ordered a ticket to today's game. This seat is better, behind the press folks, a tad left of midcourt and 10 rows up.

I saw Toby sitting behind the bench. He was pretty subdued the whole game. During TV timeouts occasionally the cameras will focus on fans in the stands and put it on the Jumbotron above the court. Once it caught the fans beside me and I stuck my head into the picture. 5 seconds later there was a full screen of just me on the 'Tron. I gave a two-handed shaka sign and then pointed with both hands to my OU cap.

5-0

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

ah cool, unfortunately TV timeouts means no you! lol...

enjoy...I need to see if the Big 12 is here...kc, I think it is. Def going.

3. hawaii 5-0

I was impressed with the redshirt and true frosh. When they came in they contributed, especially Buford. I hope they all get enough PT so a couple don't pull a 'Hornbeak'.

This program looks to have a very good upside for several years.

Thanks Buddy Hield, for staying one more year. Your leadership and talent is a positive force rubbing off on the younger players.

5-0

4. hawaii 5-0

5. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

True road game tonight against Hawaii!

we will need to play well to keep the crowd out of it.

6. Sooner95

Hield on fire!

7. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Impressive so far on both ends of the court.

8. Sooner95

Gone cold, Hawaii riding the crowd wave.... need to be smarter on both ends.

9. Soonerjeepman

Jeeze...horrible def rotation. Hoping we can hold on for the W

10. Soonerjeepman

This is crazy...

11. Soonerjeepman

Buddy either shoots a 3 or drives all the way to the bucket. Needs to develop a 8ft jump shot...

12. Soonerjeepman

Fouls are bull****

13. Soonerjeepman

Damn cousins...good grief sometimes u pizz me off...dumbass buddy was wide..

14. Soonerjeepman

Well crap...we are turning it over left and right...

15. lexsooner

lexsooner Well-Known Member

The shot clock operator should be suspended. He cheated after the missed FT and gave Hawaii 2.7 seconds which the refs changed to 1.2. Then after Hawaii inbounded, the shot clock did not start for several seconds until the shooter got the ball.

16. Soonerjeepman

honestly i thought they'd put closer to 2.2 glad to see 1.2 on it...sitting here now though 1.2 was right.

Glad we hit out FT's at the end.

Good- didn't give up, won despite a pretty crappy game, FT's down the stretch

Bad - our hedge help on the screens was horrible, lots of jumping on late rotation for D created a foul or blow by, choices...Cousins and Lattin to name 2.

Again, we played fairly poorly and Hawaii played out their a$$ and we still won. Give Hawaii credit they are tough. IF we are all that, then Hawaii should do well this year.

17. hawaii 5-0

A nice win for the Sooners to advance to the Championship Game in Christmas. Hawaii was as tough as I expected, especially at home with that crowd. Reminds me of The Pit at New Mexico. Not very big but very loud.

Crappy calls on both teams. Roderick Bobbitt the Rainbow Warriors' top scorer had 32 points but their usual top scorer Aaron Valdez was held to only 3 points.

If anyone recorded the game, with the clock at 2:07 time was called. As the network goes to a commercial the camera shows some of the crowd. I'm standing on the right side of the screen, with a red and white aloha shirt, an OU cap and a beard.

5-0

18. hawaii 5-0

I'll be up in the stands for the 3rd place and Championship games. For the Hawaii game I'll have on a Hawaii shirt and cap and for the Sooner game I'll wear a red and white Sooner aloha shirt and Sooner cap. Oh, and I'll be the one wearing Santa pants and boots. And of course, the beard.

5-0

19. Sooner95

Excellent. Should be a good on tonight. Harvard I suspect won't be an easy out.

20. Soonerjeepman

Yup...Hawaii is good.

Lol, thought u were sitting by the guy with the big OU flag....green u of h shirt, OU hat...guess not.
    Have fun...

Great test for the team.

Yes, crappy calls on both teams