1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013-14 OU womens basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Oct 9, 2013.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

**** yes we're back...ish
    OU 63, TCU 52
    We even got a few votes in the AP poll. A few more wins and they'll just have to put us back in the top 25. Why? Hell, they kept us in the top 25 at least three losses beyond where they should have. Perhaps there just isn't 25 good teams this year and we'll get back in by default.

Vegas scores scores scores: 19 points in 36 mins. She didn't get many other stat lines, but 3 steals is nice I guess

8 for 18 from three: There's really not a lot impressive in this boring box score, but this nearly 50 percent line from three is.

16 turnovers: Well, maybe we can shoot for 15 next game... hey, that's how many assists we had. Gaaaahhhh eff these turnovers.

Yknow what? Eff this recap. I'll just give you all what you came for: Photos of Morgan Hook and Sherri quotes and a reminder when the next game is... aaaaand go:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I feel like Old Man Potter was about to put our business under with the bank closures, but lo and behold, we have $2 left at the end of the day. Now... will we still have that $2 left after the next game?
    Next game: 7 p.m. Wednesday at Kansas State. TV is FS Kansas City / FCS Pacific.

Boomer!

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

gawwwwwdddddaaammitol
    KSU 86, OU 78
    [​IMG]

Furkity furk furk furk... SHERRI! WHAT THE HELL?!

So basically, last night, I decided to not watch the basketball game everyone else in the state watched (Thunder over Heat) and tune into some mini-Fox Sports station that was broadcasting the K-State homers commentating on the Sooners blowing yet another lead. Oh yes, we HAD the lead in the second half. Does SS.com have something to say about that?!

So once again, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and ouch, what painfully sharp jaws those victory jaws are. STATS TIME!

Tall Nicole scores: 23 pts, including 7 of 7 for free throws. Basically, she was out-talling KSU (photo proof above), who concentrated more on guarding...

Vegas so-so night: By Aaryn's standards, 16 pts is low. We can blame 1 for 10 shooting from three. NO TYPO ONE FOR TEN

Morgan tries very hard: Say what you will about Morgan being a point guard or not, but she gave a hell of an effort trying to keep OU in this game. She ended with 21 pts, 6 assists and 5 boards

So much for bench: Three players (Vegas, Morgan, Sharane) had 38 minutes each. Tall Nicole had 33. That didn't leave a lot to be given to the bench, which had 5 players range from 1 minute (T'ona Edwards) to 12 (Gioya Carter, who fouled out).

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Next game: 2 p.m. Saturday hosting Lady Poke, TV is FSN.

I know I'm gonna be sick.

Next-next game: 6 p.m. Monday hosting Baylor, TV is ESPN2.

I'm already sick.

Booomer....bllllleagggggh

3. SanJoaquinSooner

SanJoaquinSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lead on the aggies by 10. 4 minutes to go.

4. ouflak

ouflak Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow!

Any updates?

5. SanJoaquinSooner

Sooners have been leading 4 or 5 for a while and then hit two threes in a row. Now have a lead of 10. 4 minutes left. in a time out.

6. SanJoaquinSooner

3:34 by 11.

7. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

what channel?

8. SanJoaquinSooner

sooners by 9, 2:58

9. SanJoaquinSooner

fox college sports

10. SanJoaquinSooner

2:46. Sooners by 11

11. SanJoaquinSooner

sooners at the foul line 2:12. 72-61.

12. SanJoaquinSooner

1:56 Sooners by 9.

13. SanJoaquinSooner

1:53. Sooners by 11

14. SanJoaquinSooner

1:14 Sooners by 8. Cowgirls are fouling immediately.

15. SanJoaquinSooner

1:12 Sooners by 10

16. SanJoaquinSooner

0:59 Sooners by 8.

17. SanJoaquinSooner

0:54 Sooners by 9

18. SanJoaquinSooner

steal by Sooners.