1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2013-14 College basketball meltdowns

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by badger, Nov 13, 2013.

1. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Bonus coverage: Our adorable little basketball complacents at TCU actually had a 3-page thread going during their near upset of Texas. In dishonor of their continued complacency, but in honor of them actually trying to give a crap, here goes:
    TCU 54, whorn 59
    [​IMG]
    aaaand... that's all they get today

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I really tried hard not to give you juice for OU's games...but the 2 kids that frustrate the heck out of me are Neal and Cousins....sometimes they just have major brain farts. Our top 3 guys are Buddy, Cam, Woodard...as far as scoring...then Spangler...the do it all guy. I think Cousins, more than Neal, sometimes thinks "he's the man"...but...I'll try and refrain from too much $itching.

3. badger

I've had a busy weekend, sorry for late notice. I am going to let OP settle a bit before I do a special suspension edition of meltdown. However, they DID lose yesterday so...
    Tech 65, Poke 61
    [​IMG]
    And the incident happens...
    there was tons more on if a shove is actually violent and whether or not using the n-word is reason to shove, etc etc but i'd rather not. check it out here if you care to

4. badger

KSU 74, Texas finally loses 57
    [​IMG]
    Shaggy, it has been far too long...
    If it's not too late, everything I just copied/pasted might not have been word filtered and may not be SFW
    :mack:

5. badger

Baylor 72, Even Fraschilla scored 88
    and this was the bench reaction when he did:
    [​IMG]
    Note: God was not merciful.
    badger: For those of you who missed the game, this actually did happen
    g'nite guys had fun

6. Soonerjeepman

I'll eat my crow...Cousins did his thing yesterday, that is good.

7. Temujin

Temujin New Member

Why is this the standard OSU attack refrain when they're losing? Every. Damn. Time. Last time I checked, they didn't have much to brag about in that department.

8. Temujin

Temujin New Member

I have to reluctantly agree with the Bevos about KSU fans. Unfortunately, I've lived too long in KS to know - in the arena, in the stadium, or just anywhere, they're about as delusional as a fan base can get. I still put UT as #1, but believe me, the KSU fans are NOT far behind.

And what IS up with their boo-ing at EVERY single thing that happens on the court or on the field?

9. badger

All right, here goes...
    Marcus Smart is Dumb
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Yes, OSU fans like to call opposing cheerleaders (and I guess fans now too) ugly

10. Temujin

Temujin New Member

What I don't like about Cousins is that he's not very patient. He'll get up the floor against superior numbers and won't pull back and wait for his teammates. He'll either charge into the lane and get blocked or he'll just jack up a 3 before his teammates have a chance to get in position to rebound. He was successful this time because Baylor was absolutely terrible on defense. But I don't trust him at all yet.

Neal - I'm slowly coming around on this guy. I never liked him before this year because he's always been really sloppy...and while everyone raved about his long range jumper, he's never backed that up until this year. He's still kind of a goofy player, but what I like about him this year is that he plays extremely hard on defense, and he's doing much better on the boards. And he's finally hitting jumpers too...when he's patient enough to let the right shot come to him.

11. Soonerjeepman

T,
    excellent post. Yes, that is exactly what frustrates the heck out of me with Cousins. Neal, I still think he makes a lot of bone-headed plays on offense (bad shots, turnovers) in particularly important times. Granted he has been a part of several wins..that without his contribution we prob wouldn't have won.

12. badger

I'm so glad that the basketball board is alive again that I'm not upset that you guys are hijacking the meldown thread with your Cousins banter :p

NOW... did we have a few ranked teams in the Big 12 fall to unranked Big 12 teams last night? Oh, hell yessss. Which one which one to do first...
    KSU 85, No. 7 KU 82 (OT)
    [​IMG]
    Wanted to share this to you also, got this on my twitter feed last night. Seems they don't want another Marcus Smart incident on their hands, hehe:
    [​IMG]

Up next: ISU

13. badger

West Virginia 102, Iowa State 77
    [​IMG]
    none of the game shots were funny, so you get that for your lead-in image. and now...
    badger: So then there was this bizarre play where one of the ISU players kicked a WVU defender in the stomach (no worries, it wasn't lower) and then a WVU guy retaliates with a volleyball spike when ISU guy goes up for a shot. WVU guy is ejected, ISU guy gets Flagrant 1.
    badger: seriously go check out the video. the kick was a direct hit and the spike was very crazy.
    PS: Bright orange at burnt orange tonight. My next post will be orange, because no matter who loses, America wins.

14. badger

Bright 68, Burnt 87
    [​IMG]
    Supplemental viewing: "Post a Picture Representing the Current State of our Basketball Program"

15. badger

OU 77, ok last 74
    [​IMG]
    Supplemental OP.com material: "Post a Picture Representing the Current State of our Basketball Program" (now up to 10 pages)
    The entire OSU Sports Forum is actually fun reading if you have time to waste. If not, keep tuning in here for full train wreck coverage

16. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

17. Piware

Piware Well-Known Member

It's not a complex. They are inferior.

18. badger

How many shades of Baylor gold do you see in this shot?
    [​IMG]
    And to be fair, how many shades of OSU orange in this shot?
    [​IMG]
    When you're as little invested in the outcome of that game as I was last night, you start to notice little crap like that. Speaking of little crap, here's the word from our crappy little sibling school...
    Baylor stuns No. 8 Oklahoma State to end five-game skid
    oh I'm sorry that was from earlier this month. Here's a fresh headline:
    Baylor stuns nobody by beating unranked 7-game-losing-streak CBI-bound OSU
    70-64 in OT, btw :stunned:
    badger: Halftime tie score 58-58
    badger: At this point in the game, Forte attempts a game-tying contested three with a few seconds left, which misses outta bounds, Baylor ball. The game appears to be over...
    badger: And THEN... baylor inbounds the ball right to OSU, who hits a game tying three. Overtime...
    badger:And then, OSU loses in overtime instead, otherwise I'd be posting off of BF.com instead of OP.com
    Supplemental reading: "If We Lose To Tech Saturday, What Will You Do?"

19. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There's always wrasslin'.

20. badger

Iowa State 85, texas 76
    [​IMG]
    or maybe I should have gone with...
    [​IMG]
    PROBABLY NSFW