1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 CWS Playoffs

Discussion in 'Sooner Baseball, Softball, etc.' started by Sooner95, May 28, 2012.

1. JoeR

JoeR Member

Awesome regional! They toughed it out through the loser bracket. Lookout Gamecocks, here we come!

2. marfacowboy

marfacowboy New Member

I was in such a funk after football, I didn't even watch a single basketball game. Baseball's got me back in the groove.

3. Boomer.....

Boomer..... .....Sooner!

Yeah buddy!!!! Great wins!

4. Blue

Blue SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great job. Showin some toughness.

5. hvhurricane

hvhurricane New Member

Unbelievable comeback through the losers bracket. Especially after they changed the schedule and we had to win DH's two days in a row.

Boomer..... likes this.
  6. ouboomer1

ouboomer1 New Member

glad they gave OU and South Carolina the Sat, Sun, and Mon spot, nice having an extra day to rest up the pitching.

7. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

S.PadreIsl.Sooner Well-Known Member

Wtg Sooners!!!!

8. setem

setem DTF

I'm hungover as a mother trucker! DAMN YESTERDAY WAS A GOOD DAY TO BE AN OKLAHOMAN!

9. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

A 4-0 run through the losers' bracket is downright amazing. And the first two pressure-packed games were decided by one run.

10. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

Halfway through the season, I was done. The team was still reeling from last year's ending, hadn't gelled and certainly didn't seem to have what it took to get to the NCAA Tournament. I didn't stop following/going to the games, but I certainly checked out mentally, as my friends who follow the team with me can attest. I was ready for a change at the top because it certainly felt like this program was headed in the wrong direction quickly.

Boy was I wrong. Sunny Golloway did his best job with this team. Great work. Absolutely brilliant. The pitching has been almost flawless down the stretch, the team is having fun for the first time since the Omaha run 2 years ago and they've gotten to where none of us thought they would.

Congrats to these guys. Baseball at OU is not an easy sport. Sunny's not an easy guy to play for. But when they make it to this point, it all becomes worth it. Great season. Absolutely wonderful.

Let's end the streak that we helped start! Beat the Cocks this weekend!

marfacowboy and Sooner11JK like this.
  11. setem

setem DTF

^^^^THIS^^^^^

12. NMSooner'80

NMSooner'80 Member

I think OU gave us a glimpse when we swept UNM out here, but that was followed by the gut-wrenching home sweep to the Bevoids. I saw enough potential at the games out here that I thought they could turn it around; and I'm glad they proved me right. BTW, UNM won the MWC tournament and tied for the regular season title, so they weren't exactly chopped liver this past season. They got eliminated at the UCLA regional.

13. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

If you look at the schedule, we played a REALLY good schedule. Most of our non-conference series were with teams that WON a game or two in the NCAA Tournament. It didn't look great on paper, but it turned out to be a really quality schedule and prepared us well for the tournament.

14. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

Oh, and we're 7-2 against super regional teams.

And this South Carolina team isn't as good as the one we saw two years ago or the one that won it last year.

We've got a shot at this thing!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  15. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

Updated bracket?

16. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

17. S.PadreIsl.Sooner

Thx. I found it, too.

18. JoeR

JoeR Member

Gotta give it up for Tanner Toal, dude caught 46 innings in 3 days since the other cather, Dylan Neal, has been out with an injury. Great job Tanner!

19. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It's hard to believe 2 years ago that we had S Car down to their final strike and they haven't lost a post-season game since then. I don't expect us to win the Super Regional but I didn't expect us to win the Regional so who knows. The way we won that regional makes one think that something's brewing.

20. IndySooner

IndySooner New Member

It takes a hot team to win this thing. We've been a pretty hot team. Who knows? I know we'll give South Carolina a better challenge than most will expect. We have the pitching to do it. If the bats come alive, we could easily win this series. I can't believe I just typed that.