1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Maui Invitational

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Sooner95, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

2. Sooner95

And now my thoughts..

Listen, we are not beating Kentucky, so we'll be heading to the opposite bracket this year. Having said that, we would get either Virginia (2-1) or Washington (2-0), 2 teams I know nothing about. Maybe we could squeeze a win there?

Then of course Wichita St lurks in the 5th place game, more than likely. Chaminade would be for the 7th.

I'd be ok with 1-2 there, but 2 wins would be outstanding. We'll need to shoot the ball well to compete.

3. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i guessing we play Chaminade on Sunday. anything else would be an unqualified success.

4. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

If we get within 20 points of the best team money can buy, I'll be happy. Washington's ranked, so I'm guessing VA in the 2nd round.

5. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

I sure hope the players don't think like yall do. Somebody should tell Coach Capel the guys shouldn't even get on the plane. Put your Crimson colored glasses on like yall do with the football team. At least let them lose a game first before yall give up on them...

btk108 likes this.
  6. ouleaf

ouleaf New Member

Kentucky will be a tough game. They obviously have a lot of really good athletes and will want to push the tempo against us. It'll have to be a complete team effort if we are going to pull off the upset. If we can continue to hustle, continue to pass well, and attack the basket and hopefully get them to take some early fouls we could be in a good position to pull off the upset. That'll be the key, just stay competitive and keep the game close.

This will be a really, really good test to see if the guys can keep their heads above water against one of the best teams in the country.

7. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

Hell, if we shoot as well as we did last night, we can play :les: Any sucker in the country!

8. ...sooner

...sooner New Member

this--

9. NormanPride

NormanPride SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think we can compete with Kentucky solely on effort and team D. Those are two things I think we can really be proud of with this team.

10. ...sooner

...sooner New Member

--agreed. i like the way this team plays together! they all seem to really get along as well!

11. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

I'm excited about playing Kentucky! Hopefully the players are fired up about it too and come out and jump on them early and then hold on for dear life and pull off the upset.

12. yankee

yankee New Member

we're a 15 point underdog against UK...if we keep it that close (or better), i'll be happy. i can haz moral victory?

13. Bourbon St Sooner

Bourbon St Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Rus is the unmitigated sunshine pumper on the football board. I'm just trying to be realistic about a team that has 3 players returning from last year.

Believe me, I'd love to see us kick the crap out of that sleazebag calipari and his high priced goons.

14. Rickety_Syd

Rickety_Syd New Member

I'm sure the players don't. But we're not players. We won't be on the court, so we can think anything we want. And there's a such thing called REALITY, and the reality of the situation is that OU is not as good as Kentucky and will most likely get beat. That doesn't mean OU can't win, anything is possible. Would I predict a win. EFF NO!.

I'll hope for the best and be satisfied if we're competitive in every game this week because that would show promise for a young, inexperienced team. And who knows, maybe we can get a couple of wins out of this thing.

15. Sooner95

Yea, didn't mean to be so negative, but I deal with reality..lol

Trying to look at a best case scenario and that would be 5th place. I would be thrilled about that.

I echo the sentiments of most members here. As long as they play hard, hustle and are competitive, that is all i can ask. Which is a hell of a lot more than what we got last year.

16. Sooner95

BTW, Game 1 is going on. WS vs Uconn. Good game so far..

17. Mad Dog Madsen

Mad Dog Madsen New Member

[​IMG]

18. Sooner95

Game 1 is over. Uconn beats WS 83-79

Boomer Sooners up next!!

19. soonercastor

soonercastor New Member

Let's see what this team is made of :D

20. soonerbub

soonerbub New Member