1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 Football Signing Day

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Rhino, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Great Ryan Broyles quote in a interview he just did...

RS: What were some of the reasons you chose Oklahoma over others including OSU?

Broyles: In the process of elimination, I guess I wanted to win championships; this place (OU) puts me in the best position.

He also said that he decided at 2am last night and slept on it to make sure!!!

2. fwsooner22

fwsooner22 New Member

He's 6'5"/ 227...........He can have whatever he wants on his jersey

3. RedstickSooner

RedstickSooner New Member

One would imagine that might be on account of his attending Southern University's lab school - with Southern University's team being the Jaguars.

If I were a football player, I'd be a bit self-conscious about playing for the kittens, regardless of the reason behind the monniker.

Not as bad as playing for the Nimrods, but still pretty bad.

4. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

Killer Kittens?

5. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Worst high school nicknames I've heard were both up here.

The Angels. Gah. Who does THAT intimidate other than Egyptians?

The Halfbreeds. Simply because WTF?

6. OU_Sooners75

OU_Sooners75 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

:eek:

That is it?

7. TheUnnamedSooner

TheUnnamedSooner Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's a misprint, 3 years ago I maxed out at 315 and I'm not that big a guy

8. colleyvillesooner

colleyvillesooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Fixed

9. OU-chaps0825

OU-chaps0825 New Member

Accoding to Scout, there is no checkmark yet in the "Letter of Intent" section in regards to Matt Romine. Any news on him getting cold feet? Just trying to start more gossip.

10. NorthernIowaSooner

NorthernIowaSooner New Member

nope he signed with the domers

11. SleestakSooner

SleestakSooner New Member

I like that we pulled in more local talent this year than we did from Texass. This class is gonna be good and looks to me like it will help improve the O-line and LB positions tremendously.

12. BoomerSooner3

BoomerSooner3 New Member

Frank Alexander is going to be a great player. I live in LA and I watched his team play my high school team in the playoffs. He was HUGE and was the most dominent player on the field including his 5 star teammate, Chad Jones. I think he had about 4 sacks in that game and also made a spectacular touchdown run as a tight end.

13. nytehorn

nytehorn New Member

Hey, I think OU has a great class. Started slow, but ended up in the top 15. Average stars is great...not everyone can have 28 schollys to give every year. For a 20 player class, Stoops did good. ****es me off, but I have to give props where props are due. STILL ****ed that USC can sign the #1 AND #2 running backs in the SAME class....6 ***** stars....unreal, to do this every year.

14. RacerX

RacerX SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Busters, kittens and tigers, OH MY!

15. soonerloyal

soonerloyal New Member

The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks are hardly terrifying. The Paoli Pugs are in the same category of "Stop laughing and cower in terror at our presence, dammit" , as are the Beaver Dusters, the Perry Maroons, and the Alva Goldbugs.

And some people bitchnmoan about the "Sooner" moniker...go figure.

16. bixby28

bixby28 Member

A guy who is 6'9" has a bit of a disadvantage due to a longer repitition distance (arm length). A 6'9" HS senior with a bench press of 315 isn't shabby.

I'm 6'0" and have done a big bench like that myself, and i don't bench often.

17. Desert Sapper

Desert Sapper New Member

HS Senior? The guy looks like a 30-year old man-mountain who's been playing in the NFL for the last 8 years. He's a JUCO, but still.

And I think the guy has the wingspan of a Condor, so the 'distance to press the weight' comment is probably merited. 315 ain't bad for 'the Busters', but I'm pretty sure Schmitty will have him pushing close to 400 by the end of the spring.

18. jk the sooner fan

jk the sooner fan loved by all

worst high school mascot?

the pirates of butte montana

or simply.....the butte pirates

19. Widescreen

Widescreen SoonerFans.com Elite Member

That's awesome. Back when they were named that, the people who did it would've had no idea what that would someday mean.

20. bixby28

bixby28 Member

I didn't realize he was a JUCO. Yeah, Schmitty will definitely help the guy out with some direction in the gym, like all of the players.