1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#1 OU vs clones

Discussion in 'Sooner Basketball' started by Soonerjeepman, Jan 18, 2016.

1. BermudaSooner

BermudaSooner Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen a team that has a better shot at hitting a contested 3 than a layup. It is amazing how many bunnies we have missed over the last few games.

2. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

Ames is a tough place to win. If we have just 4 conference losses we will be at worst a #2 seed, possibly a 1 seed and probably will tie for the regular season conference title.

I think the team needs to emphasize stepping it up on the offensive end and I think Spangler looked a little tired last night but I like the way our bench is contributing so I think we should just yet Buford and Manyang some more minutes. At this point of the season I think we are is good of position and anyone could have reasonably hoped for.

3. hawaii 5-0

hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

I have no problem losing at Ames as long as it's not a blowout. Tough place to win.

Buford's 3s ? Where'd that come from ? Nice to see him make them but I'd rather see him down low putting back misses.

Cousins found his mojo. Hope it lasts.

Still, too many turnovers.

5-0

4. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

Wow, man. Hopefully when you have children you will not raise them in the same manner that you were raised. Your parents have failed...

Sorry, I call them like I see it. We've lived way too dangerously over the past several games and it finally caught up to us. You're the type that thinks when someone says anything negative, even when true, they must not be a real fan. When you're a gifted player like Hield, you're held to a higher standard, or rather the high standard that he has set for himself. Again, last night he was not at that level. He had a good game, by far, but to say he was amazing is a huge reach on your part.

I sincerely hope you have a great rest of the week and are able to de-stress. If you want to continue throwing insults back and forth, please drop me a pm. :)

5. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

actually TO's were even..9 apiece.

Boards -9 and FT's 4/7 OU 14/17 isu...is where it was lost. We actually shot a better % both reg FG and 3's.

6. Sooner95

Sooner95 Well-Known Member

Agree. We got man handled on the boards, that always hurts on the road. Keeps the crowd in it.

Overall I thought we did well. Heck it was tied with 20sec to go. Just a mater of a play or two at the end and the outcome could be different.

I stated earlier this 2 games stretch would be tough, and I'd be thrilled with a split. Big Picture. If we go into waco and knock them off, there is a good chance we would remain at #1. But even if we don't it is not the end of the world.

#1 seed is what we want. We have that type of team, just need to navigate thru the toughest conference in hoops.

7. Rock Hard Corn Frog

Rock Hard Corn Frog New Member

KU dropping one at OSU last night shows how tough winning on the road can be. I know style points count for nothing at the end of the day but we have 2 road losses at the two toughest places to play in the league and it took triple OT and being tied until the last 20 seconds before we lost. KU lost 2 road games by double digits, one to a team in the cellar.

We are still in great shape.

8. jkm  the stolen pifwafwi

jkm the stolen pifwafwi SoonerFans.com Elite Member

To quote Billy Tubbs -> "A 1 point win on the road is a blowout"