1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 class is looking huge!! New Commit!

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Collier11, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

We already have washington and frankling which are both potential 5 star players. Now Rivals is saying that Justin Johnson, running back out of Gilmer Texas has committed. He is also a potential 5 star!

2. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

For those of you who don't know Justin Johnson was being compared to AD the last time I heard.

I think the websites were referring to his size rather than skill, but this is a huge pickup if its true

3. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

hornfans going to meltdown mode in 3....2.....1.....

4. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

oh and some ppl in horfans have said as well that Johnson is trying to summon the entire top 20 prospects from the state of texas to come here as well.

5. jccouger

jccouger Member

THIS IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

We are talking about the potential #1 prospect in the entire nation. And him commiting early means that he is going to be able to pull in other great prospects. This is awesome!!!!

6. Collier11

ALthough its nothing but speculation, the "experts" are saying this could be OU's best class ever!!!

7. Collier11

Even with all the out of state prospects, apparently from the Oklahoma top 10, 8 are OU leans

8. jccouger

jccouger Member

Who are the oklahoma top 10?

Can anybody post the JJ story from rivals about his commitment?

9. BASSooner

BASSooner New Member

even though we have justin johnson, we need to get sam mcguffie. that kid is beyond ridiculous. watch some film of him on youtube and you will know what i mean. He's at OU right now taking a visit. I just talked to some people that went to his high school and that as of right now he is choosing between OU and aTm

10. Collier11

Oklahoma Top 10 includes
    Stacey Mcgee-de-muskogee Big OU lean
    jameel owens-wr-muskogee Big OU lean
    kye staley-ath-guthrie
    nathan stanley-qb-seq talequah
    john flanders-db-mwc
    hazekiah robinson-db-mwc
    Harrison Jeffers-rb-Lawton
    John William-ol-Booker T Big OU Lean

If someone can add the last two, I cant remember right now

11. Collier11

I dont have Rivals, but here is the intro story:

It may have been one of the class of 2008’s worst kept secrets but that doesn’t lessen the importance of the decision of Gilmer, Texas running back Justin Johnson. In fact the only thing more noteworthy than his long anticipated decision is the way in which he went about handling it. The 6-foot-1, 210-pound running back who is a potential five-star prospect and among Texas' top 10 prospects, wanted to make a splash with his commitment and had to find an interesting way of handling it. It seems he has done so.

After that they have him listed as a OU commit, thats all I can give ya

12. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Yep, Bus1 has been an OU guy for a LOOONG time. I think the major thing he was waiting on to announce was Lennon Creer-if we had landed Creer I think Bus1 would have thought a little more about his decision (not that his decision isn't well thought out, just that he'd have more to think about.)

I believe he's cousins with Manuel Johnson.

13. snp

snp New Member

You'll love the rest of the story:

Bus1 has been committed to OU for some time now, this will just make it known. Look for him at LB possibly and to be doing some major recruiting for OU as well.

14. Collier11

I love the kids creativity and unselfishness. I like for kids like that to be ambassadors for OU

15. boomersooner28

boomersooner28 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

HOLY ****! I already love this kid!

16. BOOMERBRADLEY

BOOMERBRADLEY Well-Known Member

08 is going to be good indeed

17. Rhino

Rhino Awesoministrator

There's a possibility for two to three more commitments today.

18. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

This kid is now my favorite commitment of all time.

19. snp

snp New Member

What other players are the birds chirping about?

20. Collier11

As far as possible commitments today? Jameel Owens, John Williams are names ive heard