1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!, Feb 28, 2010.

1. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Saw this last night. Pretty effing amazing. I don't go to many movies, but this was excellent. The story was devil makes deals with a mystic, but simply incredible Special Effects. Created by Terry Gilliam from the Monty Python Flying Circus cast. Easily a rival to the Tim Burton stuff. Maybe better. I noticed Crucifax the Fence-Straddler saw this movie and was impressed. What say you? Anyone else also care to comment?

2. royalfan5

royalfan5 Superbia in Proelio

Is it in wide release already, or just limited yet. I don't think it has opened here yet. I'd like to see it.

3. Crucifax Autumn

Crucifax Autumn SoonerFans.com Elite Member

lol...I must be doing it right if I got a nickname!

Anyway, yeah, great movie as usual from Gilliam. Contrary to popular belief, this is Heath Ledger's last movie, at least release date-wise. Gilliam was brilliant in adjusting the story to make his appearance change to that of the other actors who filled in.

Not sure how wide the US release is but there are dvd screeners floating around for awards consideration. It actually came out last year in England.

4. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I was unaware of any video work by Gilliam since his days with Monty Python. You MIGHT say he has learned a lot since then!

Crucifax Autumn likes this.
  5. Crucifax Autumn

Here is a list of his directorial work by year:

Most people haven't seen Tideland, but I can assure you it is high quality work, though one of the weirdest movies ever made!

6. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I looked at the Wiki on Tideland. yes, it looks RADICALLY weird. But, hey, I might like it, who knows?

7. Collier11

Collier11 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

sounds like an even weirder version of Lars and the Real Girl, lol

8. Crucifax Autumn

Definitely one of the strangest movies I've ever seen, but thanks to Gilliam's vision I couldn't take my eyes off it.

9. Collier11

you often ask me if you can look at my "vision", I bet you couldnt take your eyes off of it either

10. Crucifax Autumn

sick bastage

11. Collier11

its all I got right now

12. Crucifax Autumn

Get better!

13. Crucifax Autumn

I just watched it again, and damn...What a fabulous movie. I wish every filmmaker was so ambitious and adventurous as Gilliam.

Something that has been largely overlooked in the many fantastic performances in this film is Vern Troyer. Never again will I think of Mini Me when I see him. This was a true acting performance for him and not some lame midget role. The repeated joke about "you'd have to get a midget" is even more hilarious the second time through.

Gilliam has made a lot of good movies, but right now I'd have to say this is the best.

14. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

I reluctantly watched the latter part of the Academy Awards last night. It's interesting they aren't as explicit in their political commentary when the dems control the country-especially the presidency. Still, it came as no surprise the Vietnam bashing movie won over the corporate bashing movie.

15. Crucifax Autumn

It was Iraq bashing, just to clarify.

16. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Thank you, EVAR so much!

17. Crucifax Autumn

LOL...Accuracy is my goal 3 times out of 15.

18. Collier11

actually it wasnt Iraq war bashing, it was just a good non agenda war movie, If you are speaking of The Hurt Locker

19. Crucifax Autumn

I agree it wasn't paricularly "bashing", but I just took Rush's opinion and applied it to the correct war to help him out.

20. RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!

Obviously, I didn't see it. (was told by a friend who also didn't see it, that it was a Vietnam movie)If it didn't bash America, or Bush, that's good to hear, and quite rare for a war movie, huh? Maybe it deserved some kind of award simply for non-bashing? I did like it when Bigelow gave her appreciation for America's Armed Forces, not once, but twice...one of those times right in front of a stunned Barbi Streissand!