1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Handicap” People

Discussion in 'South Oval' started by KABOOKIE, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Passengers?

2. mdklatt

mdklatt SoonerFans.com Elite Member

But presumably there as at least one seeing person in the car....

I know that's what it's for, I just think it's funny. Kind of like the radio commerical I heard one time: "If you are deaf, or know somebody who is...."

3. Frozen Sooner

Frozen Sooner Soon to be Memphibian

Well, obviously there is. They recognize that, otherwise something in print saying that Braille menus are available would be kind of worthless.

Many people with handicaps do not like having to rely on other people and do so as little as possible. Were I blind, I would much rather have a braille menu than have to have someone read the menu off to me. Much less humiliating.

4. Scott D

Scott D SoonerFans.com Elite Member

let's see. Both of my cars have handicapped plates, both my wife and mother in law have handicapped tags to hang over the rear view mirror, my wife's license even has it denoted that she's handicapped. Mother in law let her license expire since she no longer feels capable of driving. My wife can drive, and most of the time walk without the assistance of a cane. Mother in law carries a cane with her and uses it most of the time unless she chooses to push a cart. The two of them tend to go grocery shopping together.

I guess by your definition my wife's back problems shouldn't really be problems defined as handicapped for driving purposes. I probably could get listed as handicapped for my knees, but I'm a stubborn bastard who won't see a doctor about my knees (and the right one generally is swollen to the size of a softball daily).

Plenty of people are handicapped in terms of back/leg/neck problems, but that doesn't mean they can't do certain things you consider to fall in the category of 'fully capable' for short periods of time.

5. nanimonai

nanimonai New Member

I'll take the animal kingdom +7.5 in a straight-up fight.