1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to let this board go...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by echo101, Dec 18, 2017.

1. sooner13Fox

sooner13Fox New Member

I could never sign in once they updated the site several years ago. I finally gave up and would check in to see what info was being passed around. Finally had to create a new account and I would assume other had the same issue, just a guess.

2. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Wow! Long time since my last post... I see a lot of the regulars checking in. I just got tired of college football being the NFL minor league and thuggy “students” that aren’t really, just people playing to get up into “the show”. Same for basketball.

I guess now that Boren has retired, I can donate to the University again, isn’t that right Manatee?
    Lets see, Boren botches The Pride with Weizenhiemer’s recommendation, neither are around today, Boren begs Britt to come back, Britt rakes Boren over the coals and gets just about everything he possibly could to come back, The Pride is kicking butt and Boren is gone, oh and the painting is again “owned” by the original people.. How’d that work out for you Boren?

3. SouthFortySooner

SouthFortySooner Well-Known Member

This place is as empty as the Casa Blanca parking lot the day of the spring game. Ghost.

4. Ike

Ike party pooper

Holy incredibly slow loading times batman. It takes forever for a mostly text page to load.

Kinda wanting to come back here...but wow.

SoCalBigRed and birddog like this.
  5. Joe Kane

Joe Kane Member

LT is gone, this would be the time to overhaul this place and get some of the geezers and semi noobs back.

birddog likes this.
  6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

right in the feels :(
    yep. pretty painful.

SoCalBigRed and birddog like this.
  7. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i got a new job and basically couldn't get on during the day, but facebook, twitter and reddit didn't do this place any favors either.
    i do miss the jackassery of this place back in the day, but the new software is kinda bad. that was one of the things that kept me off other boards was how well vBulletin worked. i'm not sure if this is some newer version or what, but it's not the same.

anyone seen doleo?

8. Ike

Ike party pooper

I have not seen doleo at all. Didn't ever become FB friends with him, so I don't even remember his real name.

On a more positive note, going to an older computer, with an older OS and older browser seems to speed up load times. Or maybe the board had improvements in the last few months. I think I'm going to give it a go in sticking around here. At least Phil has some nice pictures from the FAU game.

9. PrideAlum

PrideAlum Member

Interesting, I have zero issues on load time.

10. birddog

birddog SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This thing is still on?!!!

Is olevet still in charge?!

11. birddog

I just assumed everyone here made the jump to LTs and then on to dirtburglars.

12. birddog

In the red.

13. VA Sooner

VA Sooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I'm back... toured the other boards but my favorite thing to read was Badger's posts about meltdowns on other boards... I couldn't get enough of them.

14. ab5sr

ab5sr New Member

I hang out at dirtburglars. Lots going on.

Sure miss the gameday tailgate that the board used to have...

15. OUinFLA

OUinFLA Older Clique Member

I haven't posted anywhere since this board declined. I just couldn't get interested in the other boards available.
    I would read the other boards but there was too much BS on them I couldn't get interested in signing up.
    I miss this place as the info posted was mostly civil and not foolish on the football forum.
    I am sorta hoping that this board will pick up again now that the other boards have gone away.
    Life has changed a lot and Im now too old to spend as much time on the forum as I used to. But it was nice to have a place to get quick updates on the football team.

16. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

What did it for me was three things:
    1. All those folks that came over from that other Sooner fans board that shut down and immediately proceeded to trash this board...it took 8 months before someone had the sense to permaban them all.
    2. The mass amnesty for a lot of permabanned posters...
    3. The demise of the tailgates...of course, they de-evolved into Dean practically paying for and doing everything while other bigwigs from this board free-loaded

But yah...time to pull the plug...it was fun when it was good...but that ended nearly a decade ago.

17. PhiDeltBeers

PhiDeltBeers Finding the apex

18. PDXsooner

PDXsooner Formerly OregonSooner

I have posted under the name Oregonsooner and later PDXsooner from around October 2000 until I don’t know when. For me, this was a way to connect with OU fans and get inside information on the team and then I dabbled in some back-and-forth here and there. So many ways to get information on the Internet now I just kind of lost interest. For what it’s worth. Good to be back here if only temporarily.

19. SOONER44EVER

SOONER44EVER SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It turned into a soap opera. It was like women bickering back and forth. Used to be fun before that. Sad.

20. SoonerBBall

SoonerBBall Well-Known Member

JKM leaving the board is when I stopped. Or at least him only posting in the donors area. His breakdowns were the reason I stayed through all the bullshit.

Does he post anywhere anymore?