1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now that a "businessman" is POTUS . . .

Discussion in 'TrumpFest 2016' started by Jacie, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

. . . can anyone explain how it is he seems to know so little about business?

In his first week on the job he wants to impose a 20% tariff on goods from Mexico, ostensibly to pay for "The Wall" an I can only assume he expects Mexican producers to absorb this tariff and not pass it along to the American consumers.

Did I get it wrong?

2. Serenity Now

Serenity Now Well-Known Member

Yes, you got that wrong. That's an alternate fact.

3. Tony Lane

Tony Lane New Member

It's been a year since Trump won and I still can't believe how he won.

4. Hamilton

Hamilton New Member

2.4 million jobs
    Stock market over 26,000 (DOW)
    Historically low black unemployment
    Historic tax reductions
    How's the business man doing one year into his term?

5. severs64

severs64 New Member

I pretty much support everything he's done... except the twitter wars. I mean, I know he's been under constant attack from the leftists in the media, Hollywood, etc. since he first announced his candidacy. It's only increased in intensity and reckless desperation since he won. As a result, he's had hundreds of opportunities to take the high road. But he just keeps turning them down every time. He seriously needs to cut that out, or he could end up not even winning the GOP nomination.

There's been a lot of talk about Democrats taking the Senate at midterms, but the tax cut has thrown a monkey wrench into that idea. All Red has to do is campaign on "Vote blue, lose your tax cut", right? That'll be interesting to watch.