1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1972-2005

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Sooner24, Jun 24, 2006.

1. C&CDean

C&CDean Administrator

Good on ya Greg. One of these days you'll be getting the framed jersey and stuff down in the end zone at half-time.

2. picasso

picasso SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Was it '80 or '81 when we beat UNC at home? That was my first OU game I can remember, my bro in law took me at the age of 10. They were #6 and I think we were #16. I remember David Overstreet.
    Good stuff!

3. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

that Notre Dame game seems like forever ago now

we had some killer road games this year

we may have gotten some of the Notre Dame monkey off our back, but it was sure nice reminding OSU where they stand too :D

4. Sooner24

Sooner24 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

1980. That team featured "Famous Amos" Lawrence and the real Lawrence on that team Lawrence Taylor.

5. Sooner24

Well this season was a huge disappointment but I was able to pick my favorite game of the year and that would be the trip to West Virginia. Flew into Pittsburgh and stayed across the street from PNC park. Caught a Pirates game on Friday night and drove to Morgantown Saturday morning. The people were really friendly early on then the 20 something's got slouched later in the afternoon and now I understand why they are inclined to burn couches and overturn cars after victories. All the 30-60 year old crowd pretty much as a group told us how happy they were to be in the Big 12 and told us they were glad we made the trip. Wasn't to impressed with the campus but the stadium was nice enough and the game was exciting. Looking back that was a big win, just ask Baylor, and probably our best played game of the season.

After the last game of the season I have now attended 324 OU football games and 43 years in a row without missing a home game.

With the talent we return I'm expecting better results next year.

Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  6. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

i made all of the home games again, barely. at least that streak is still going. up to 14 years now.

and the Kansas game was the bright point for me. dang, i hope we can keep enough of a team around that kid.

Turd_Ferguson likes this.
  7. Sooner24

My game of the year, that I personally attended, would be the TCU game. What looked to be a blow out early turned into a nail biter. Next years home schedule looks to be loaded with Baylor, Ohio State and osu coming to Norman.

8. yermom

yermom Stayatworkdad

I'm going with Stillwater. Wish I could have made it to Waco.

The end of the TCU game doesn't get old to watch though.

Who taught our defenders to put their hands up? I haven't seen this many batted balls ever.

9. OklaPony

OklaPony Well-Known Member

Lon Kruger.

10. cvsooner

cvsooner Well-Known Member

Now that was quite a prediction, as it turns out.

11. Sooner24

My favorite game of 2016 was the annual beat down of little brother.

Watching the weather during the week, I kept hoping the forecast would change, but it was not to be. The last time we had a game with weather like this an NCAA record was set. I wasn't expecting any record today and be honest , with this defense I never know what to expect.

The way the defense looked in the first half I figured it was possibly going to go down to the wire. But Aggies will be Aggies and the king of the Aggies, Sir Mullethead, once again showed why the only have 18 wins all time against us.

I had one huge disappointment at the game and that was the fact that not a single Aggie ball got tossed out of the stadium. The fans in the north stands need to do a better job. I'm not sure if Mike Stoops is coaching them or not but the effort was totally lacking and no one ever turned around to look for the ball.

12. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i went to that game. UNC was talking a lot of junk, ranked in the top 10. LT was a dirty player. as i recall, Famous Amos busted a long run deep into OU territory to open the game and it looked like it might be a long day for the Sooners. then we pick off the UNC QB and the rout was on.

13. King Crimson

King Crimson SoonerFans.com Elite Member

i was pleasantly surprised this year how we played.....clearly adapting better than the opponent....in both the WVU and OSU games....in "the weather".

i think this last half of the Bob Stoops career we've been weak psychologically at times....but not this time. Boomer Sooner.

14. Sooner24

15. Sooner24

Even though this board is a virtual ghost town I shall still pick my 2017 game of the year.

This years winner is the TCU game. The way we completely dominated them in the first half was a joy to witness. Even though we basically just ran the clock out the second half it was still a great game and atmosphere. Any time you get to see Patterson hitching up his pants and wiping buckets of sweat off his head in frustration is a good thing.

This completed my 46th consecutive year without missing a home game.

severs64 likes this.
  16. Sooner24

This year my favorite game was Army. I enjoyed all of the military pregame pageantry. The game itself was way closer than it should have been. Anytime we play an academy school it seems the fans are in a different mood compared to any of the second rate non conference games we play. Hoping the return game is played at Army and not in Philadelphia or somewhere else.

This was also my 47th consecutive year without missing a home game.

17. PrideAlum

PrideAlum Member

What most people don't know about the 1979 Nebraska game is that is where the holding up four fingers at the start of the fourth quarter was started. Another first for Switzer. I wish I could find the Barry Switzer show for that game somewhere to prove it. The one with Howard Newman.

18. AlanEmisp

AlanEmisp Member

19. NickEmisp

NickEmisp Member

20. PaulEmisp

PaulEmisp Member