1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIRE MIKE STOOPS

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by SoCalBigRed, Oct 7, 2017.

1. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

I am tired of watching defenses lacking any fire. We'll have a couple guys that have that fire in them, but they're mostly contained and asked to do the big plays, on an individual level.

Just like offense... you want to put your best players in the best position, to make plays.

Mike doesn't do that. He hasn't in a very long time.

NO ONE is intimidated by OU. They want to punch them in the mouth. The reason 'bama is who they are, is because they've been punching people in the mouth on defense, for a very long time. Teams are intimidated when they come onto the field.

Mike Stoops needs to go. Get a young hungry D coordinator in there.

2. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

The offense looked pretty bad too. If you were to tell me that Ou would only score 7 against Iowa State in the 2nd half I’d laugh ...

3. steve simmons

steve simmons New Member

I am a sooner football fan since early 1960's, I was wondering how mike stoops felt about Lincoln getting the head job over him; well the last two games has given me the answer! mike stoops had two weeks to prepare for a average team with a third string quarterback playing under center. this team was poorly prepared for this game just like they were poorly prepared for Baylor two weeks ago. it's obvious he not going to give Lincoln any help making the playoffs. mike should have been fired several years ago and replaced with a quality defensive coach. this acceptance of this kind of coaching at OU is unacceptable. sooner fans deserve better then what stoops has put out since coming back from Arizona. Go Sooners.........................

SoCalBigRed likes this.
  4. SoCalBigRed

Bob should have done every thing he could to hang onto Venables, and let Mike go.

5. SoCalBigRed

Mike does not have control of this defense.

He needs to go.

6. echo101

echo101 Member

I think even Mike knows he's no longer capable of running his own defense. Time to step aside and let a real defensive coach take over.