1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your confidence level going into game with Baylor?

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by echo101, Sep 19, 2017.

1. echo101

echo101 Member

Last time we were there we kicked the dog crap out of them and made them like it. It was a joyous occasion watching their fans crying on their way out the stadium. We burst their false bubble. The kingdom Briles built was destroyed in one evening. Ah that was great! .. Okay so here we are 2 years later. Briles skipped town. Baylor lost to Liberty to open their season. Who? Liberty. Seriously? And I've never even heard of Liberty but all of a sudden I'm now one of their fans. In a way this could pose as a trap game but I don't think Lincoln will allow that to happen. This team is focused and on a mission. Neither Baylor or anyone else is going to get in their way. Baylor might put up a small fight starting out but OU will get a handle on them and keep them under control for the majority of the game. Another big scoring fest for OU. Baker and Kyler will rack up the yards and points. Anyone have anything to add to this? Agree? Disagree?

2. mjhurani

mjhurani Member

we will smash baylor to smithereens. they are a mess. the trips to manhattan and stoolwater have me worried, as does hosting the tcu horny frogs.

tex-ASS looks fired up all of a sudden too

3. echo101

echo101 Member

If Bob was still HC I'd share your worries but this team is different. I think this is a team that truly does take the one game at a time approach. Win this one and then move on to the next victim. I like what I'm seeing from Lincoln.

4. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

There very well could be a trap game on OU's schedule but this one isn't it.

More likely would be Iowa State or sa*et (and isn't it kinda funny that the RRS could be a "trap" game?).

5. echo101

echo101 Member

Of course there's no guarantees there won't be a trap game but I'd have a hard time thinking Lincoln would let it happen. When he talks he sort of sounds like Stoops but when he coaches he seems to be his own self. We've already seen him do things that Stoops never did. Though Lincoln is a newbie HC he seems to have a grip on what he's doing. I have always loved watching OU but now I'm truly loving it from saturday to saturday. These guys make me want to tune in just to see what they're going to do this time. It's definitely been exciting so far.

6. Speck

Speck Member

I think it will be harder than people thing, however it should be a pretty easy win after everything settles down.

echo101 likes this.
  7. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

It was a trap but I’m glad it wasn’t a loss

8. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Thank you General Akbar.

9. SoonerinSouthlake

SoonerinSouthlake Well-Known Member

Very High...since its over. Sad that this is still on the first page