1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Mixon video is officially released!

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by nighttrain12, Dec 16, 2016.

1. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

2. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

it's unbelievable the negative press esecpn is spinning...hope OU slaughters aubarn...with Mixon getting 200+

Now, I TOTALLY agree it was a horrible thing to do but every time slot had good 'ol jake trotter on...the negative questions and facial expressions by the aholes at espn was sickening. It's over...move on.

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Pretty much what the journalist described when they had a closed viewing at the time. Shockingly violent and worse than the Rice video. It was bound to get attention when it surfaced whether it was back then or delayed until know. Mixon's own doing and he just has to deal with it.

4. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Guys, I'll caveat this with the fact I was stationed in Germany at the time and wasn't exactly keeping tabs on OU crap...
    This video is bad...really bad. And frankly, I cannot fathom why Bob would even keep him on the team, given how tight a ship he leads us to believe he runs.

And given his recent incident, I highly doubt that he's got his anger issues under control...

5. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

Let's be honest...Bob kept Mixon on the team because he is a freak athlete and special football player. If Mixon was just an average running back, he would not be on the team. Bob would have sent him packing. ... I have more respect for Mike Gundy (he would have kicked Mixon to the curb with the rest of the trash) than I do for Bob Stoops. If he announced he was retiring after the bowl game, that would be fine by me.

6. nighttrain12

7. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

You can pretty well predict what is going to happen during the Sugar Bowl. Every time Mixon touches the ball, the entire stadium, probably Sooner fans included, are going to boo as loud as they can. He is going to have to deal with it for however long his career as a football player lasts.

8. Soonerjeepman

honestly I think Stoops really screwed up saying NOW if it happened NOW he'd be gone. Just tell the reporter how asked that we did what we thought was best. Not going to speculate on what if's. He's done that before.

Now it looks like you are admitting you should have kicked him off then...but didn't. Did the coaches not see the video when it happened?

9. BoulderSooner79

I think you have to watch the whole interview to get the context. I thought Stoops was saying if it happened now, a player would be gone *because times have changed*. Meaning that violence against women has been brought to the fore front long enough that players should be held accountable by the time they reach college.

10. Pride1Mom

Pride1Mom Member

Anyone notice it was only channel 4 that was so determined to get the video released. They are so pro OSU now, that you would think that OSU did not have any skeletons in their closet. Anyone forget about their head coach Eddie Sutton, drunk and in a major car accident? The running back Tyrek Hill punching his pregnant girl friend down the apartment steps. I know he is no longer with the team, but he is now playing for the Kansas City Chiefs. I read the SI comment, and of course their facts were not accurate. Mixon did not practice with the team when he was suspended from the team for a year. Please let OLD news die. What Mixon did is not acceptable, but it is time to worry about something else.

11. Soonerjeepman

Ah... see... all I've seen is the comment... of course.

12. BoulderSooner79

It could be that OSU bias media seemed to want the video released. But the fact is that if the Oklahoma broadcasters didn't pursue the release, they would be negligent as journalist. The state cannot decide when to publish or withhold information on a whim. And it is up to the press to maintain a transparent society even if we don't like the side effects. I think Stoops was sincere (and correct) that he wished the video had come out soon after the event.

13. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

Eddie Sutton (Hall of Fame coach)- GONE within weeks of his infamous car crash.
    Tyreek Hill (NFL talent)- KICKED OFF TEAM (within hours of incident- and just a couple of days after putting the dagger in OU).

Mixon- still here 2 yrs later.

Yeah, let's look at OSU. Makes me darned proud.

14. Soonerjeepman

yeah, bet Dexter is proud as well...( just guessing that was the guy who "graduated" but couldn't even read)...

We could go through all the guys stoops has kicked off as well if we wanted to cherry pick.

KingDavid and SoCalBigRed like this.
  15. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

I just responded to EXACTLY who was pointed out- so those cherries may have been picked, but not by the peeb.

16. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

LMAO at the thought of Gundy kicking Mixon to the curb.

There isn't a D1 coach in this country that would. They would have handled it like Stoops, those that didn't try and bury it.

17. nighttrain12

Don't forget Byron ('you show me yours, I'll show you mine') Houston. Sean Sutton invited him to one of his basketball camps for KIDS and only got rid of him when the controversy got too hot for him.

18. Peeb

Peeb Active Member

Yeah, just like he would never kick NFL Star Tyreek Hill off the team if .... oh, wait. Never mind.

19. SoCalBigRed

Tyreek Hill, was a JC transfer, and was ARRESTED for domestic violence.

BIG difference.

20. SoCalBigRed

No... No difference there.

Wonder how long he's been waiting, to play that card? Since 12/12/14, probably.