1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys coming back next year...

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Soonerjeepman, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yeah, I know we still have the SB...ready to win that one as well.

With Baker coming back...anyone else?
    These notables can go or come back..
    Perine (I've heard school is really important but ...you can always finish school)
    Mixon - less than 20% I'd say
    O Brown - ?

Walker gone...
    Roberts Sr
    Several guys "retired" with medical issues..
    several other Sr's most didn't pay much of a role this year...

2. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

Jamal Brown former OU O-Lineman who is not family with Orlando but is real close with him said that Orlando Brown will be returning to school next season. Said he has seen too many guys declare early and then not get drafted as high as they thought or at all.

Also I don't think Perine or Mixon come back.

Nobody on defense should declare early. Wouldn't surprise me if Jordan Thomas or Steven Parker do though.

3. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Perine and Mixon will leave. It's a no brainer for Perine, but Mixon could get a big bump if he would become a top Heisman candidate next year. But there is a lot of risk in that possibility and his tweets seem to indicate he has already decided to leave.

Orlando Brown, Jordan Thomas and Steven Parker (in that order) can all improve their draft prospects staying another year. Brown could become a top 10 pick the way left tackles are valued.

4. David Earl

David Earl Administrator

I thought I heard or read somewhere that Perine will finish his degree early. Either way, he's gone and probably should be. It's a strong year for RB's so I guess Mixon could improve his stock by staying, but the injury risk says he'll surely go.

Thomas and Parker probably should stay but I have no idea what they'll do.

5. David Earl

David Earl Administrator

Speaking of RB, what do you folks think about what we've got coming up? Will we be able to maintain any kind of a solid running game?

6. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

Neither Perine, or Mixon, were named All-Americans.

They'd improve their draft stock, either/both, coming back.

7. Soonerjeepman

Brown def coming back....so we'll have our whole Oline, Qb, couple of receivers, TE, now we just need 1 or both of the Rb's to come back.

8. BoulderSooner79

And don't forget that LR appears to be coming back!

9. Soonerjeepman

funny, I actually was thinking of adding that...but didn't want to jinx anything! ;-)

10. Soonerjeepman

Jordan Thomas back...

* the stud RB we signed, like 8000 yard in HS...won some national player. Not saying he can replace our duo, but def a great pick-up.

11. BoulderSooner79

That's why I added "appears" - definitive statements do contain jinx power. :eek:

Soonerjeepman likes this.
  12. mainline13

mainline13 Member

Hey, guys, be careful. It's bad luck to be superstitious. ;)

David Earl likes this.
  13. Soonerjeepman

Obo back...

14. pappy

pappy Well-Known Member

Hopefully Mixon declares for the nfl ... I have no interest in watching him play for OU anymore.

15. Soonerjeepman

one article I just read said, he won't get drafted...may not even get invited to combine. They also said "returning to Oklahoma may not even be an option". I find that hard to believe. He did what he did (being silent) on advise from OU, his lawyers, someone...that's not on him.

Yes, what he did was wrong, unacceptable. He paid his price. Not glorifying him, but to just cut him loose wouldn't be good.

16. BoulderSooner79

I could see pressure on Boren/Stoops to "encourage" Mixon to declare for the draft, but they would be wimps to do so - they have already implemented their response.

He will play in the NFL, just a question of when. My guess is next season.

17. Thaifood

Thaifood New Member

Yep we were all taught ti NEVER hit a girl....but, come on.... come back and play Joe....

12 likes this.
  18. SoCalBigRed

SoCalBigRed Well-Known Member

Won't get drafted?

LOL! This is pure comedy gold.

The kid screwed up big time. But he's got $$$ all over him. He will be playing in the NFL.

12 likes this.