1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooners OC Lincoln Riley 'hit it out of the park' during recent Houston interview

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Okie35, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...ncoln-riley-hit-park-recent-houston-interview

I don't know about this

2. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

This is what they do, excel as a coordinator somewhere or as head coach at a non-Power 5 conference school then take a head coaching position where someone else failed or retired.

The one I found interesting was the Western Michigan guy did not land one of the Power 5 school vacancies, reportedly the only ones he wanted and is now stuck at WMU for at least another year.

Meanwhile, Lane Kiffin would still be available but where would he go? Rutgers? How about . . . Oklahoma? First as OUr OC with a coach-in-waiting tag affixed to his contract.

3. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

Please tell me you're joking.

4. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

I hope LR stays for next season. I think we will have a good recipe for an MNC.

5. deweydw

deweydw Well-Known Member

Looks like UH is going with Lane Kiffen. I guess they want to be losers again.

6. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

"Hitting it out of the park" is fine if the job is for baseball coach. Guess he should have "completed the hail Mary".

7. TheHumanAlphabet

TheHumanAlphabet SoonerFans.com Elite Member

And they hire Major Applewhite...

8. Jacie

Jacie SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Norvell now the head coach at Nevada . . .