1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Game Thread: OU versus Ohio State

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by ouflak, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

And Houston's recruits? This is a cop-out

2. #8soon

#8soon Member

The OU boosters made their bed, now they got to lay in it. They ordered Riley to run off Trevor,Cody and Justice because Bakers daddy made his deal with them. The Mayfields are lifelong friends with some of the biggest boosters.

3. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Lincoln Riley has not been the problem, guys are open and Baker is just a moron who thinks he's better than he really is.

4. kenth68

kenth68 Member

defense doesn't seem to have any real leaders this season. not seeing much direction on the field.

5. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

When you have an entire year to get guys ready and Micah Quick is in the game as a DB, you need to seek employment elsewhere

6. #8soon

#8soon Member

I agree, Riley's offense works with someone who can run it. I've talked wth players and GA's from last years team and all have told me Cody beat out Baker and Trevor in fall camp.

7. bluedogok

bluedogok SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I was referring to tOSU's players, nothing about this game in particular. In this game OU is getting out athleted and out coached. Their just getting their butts whipped all over the field, which they did against Houston as well. They just aren't that good this season.

8. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Unfortunately this is all a moot point with Stoops & Stoops in charge

9. Soonerjeepman

Soonerjeepman SoonerFans.com Elite Member

this is embarrassing. I wonder when OU will not be ranked preseason so high. I drank the cool-aide as well. Our pass d is...well, basic.

10. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

I guess my point is OU's players aren't Tulsa. They are consistently out of position on defense, they don't hold the edges, DBs don't look for the ball and that is coaching.

11. Soonerjeepman

why can't we get DB's that can play m/m and stop passes...

12. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

With the exception of Mayfield OU's offense is very talented.

13. Soonerjeepman

lol...damn we are starting to resemble blake teams...can't even get the right guys out there...1 on XP one on punt.

14. #8soon

#8soon Member

Stoops is at the point in his career that he wants to draw another year or two on that contract plus Bob is the only way Mike can stay employed.

15. Soonerjeepman

lol...damn we are starting to resemble blake teams...can't even get the right guys out there...1 on XP one on punt.

16. kenth68

kenth68 Member

imploded already and we just got started

17. kenth68

kenth68 Member

imploded already and we just got started

18. Red River Baron

Red River Baron New Member

That stoppage by our defense was Urban Meyer being merciful.

19. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

That is the tough part of winning a National Championship so early in his career. All the let downs are excused until you are in year 17 and have nothing but a Trevor Knight win over Alabama to hang your reputation on.

20. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

Can't believe there are no boos from the stadium

21. kenth68

kenth68 Member

So.... who's looking forward to the texas game?

22. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

How sad is that from playoff contender to maybe we can spoil a better team's season.

23. kenth68

kenth68 Member

Maybe we just don't have enough Stoops brothers.

24. nighttrain12

nighttrain12 Well-Known Member

They all have to be 4'10" and weigh 85 pounds or the 'male' cheer team members won't be able to twirl them around with one hand without dropping them.