1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lincoln riley is an idiot

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by pingdriver74, Sep 3, 2016.

1. pingdriver74

pingdriver74 New Member

quite possibly the biggest, strongest back in the country and you throw it 3 straight times inside the 20. yes i coached the game for 20 years, i know the game, not just an angry upset fan.

2. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Look at the bright side - maybe he won't be stolen away from us very soon.

3. DrZaius

DrZaius Well-Known Member

4. TrophyCollector

TrophyCollector Well-Known Member

Lincoln already addressed this with the media. He indicated that he would have run the ball more if we would have had more snaps. He just needed some more plays.

5. Since71ASooner4Life

Since71ASooner4Life Active Member

what was your brilliant solution when the OL couldn't run block?

6. RedRiverBaron

RedRiverBaron New Member

During the course of the game, I was screaming to run the dang ball. Baker looked pretty nervous with his foot stomping in the pocket. After awhile, Houston could pretty much figure out our one dimensional offense.

7. ddub0224

ddub0224 Active Member

Having never played on the o-line I have a question...is it harder to pass block or run block? I would assume that run blocking is easier since you get to be the aggressor, so if that is the case and the o-line is struggling...why would we go to an all out pass scheme in the second half?

8. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Yea it was pretty bad... Andrews is a monster though. He's good.

9. Okie35

Okie35 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I do find it crazy we stuck with the run against teams like Tennessee but not Houston...

10. Mookie91

Mookie91 Member

No one will mention it but Baker's stats were misleading. Personally I think Baker 4 Heisman clouded Mayfield's judgment and he didn't take the easy gets.

11. BoulderSooner79

BoulderSooner79 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

I think it runs deeper than that. He did this last season as well and was rewarded for the behavior with highlight plays. I was hoping he would improve with a full season and off-season under his belt. Quick scores are great if you can take them at will. But that's rarely the case and grind-it-out 8-10 play drives pay dividends late in the game. Last season, Baker would often have Perine or Mixon uncovered in the flat and he refused to even look at them as the pass rush closed in. Those were free 5 yard plays to talented guys that might break if for more on occasion. It's hard to know what it looked like down field since the camera doesn't focus there. But various fans that attended in person last season would comment that short routes were open and Baker was reluctant to throw them.

12. swardboy

swardboy SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Riley pretty much threw Mayfield under the bus by saying he wasn't taking his first reads when open (so did Stoops), and so did Mayfield. We shall see how developed the muscle between his ears is in the Saturdays ahead.

13. UberSooner

UberSooner Active Member

Are there still enough people on this board to field a softball team? I always figured it would end up just Olevet but I think he had one too many meltdowns.
    I'm looking forward to a blowout this weekend before the fighting Urban Meyers desecrate our stadium with an historic beat down. Hope i'm wrong but there will be more blame to go around than for just a second season O.C.

14. SoonerStormchaser

SoonerStormchaser Emma's Daddy!

I'll say it now...I don't care if we lost every damn game this season as long as we beat the Acorn Aggies!