1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big 12 Tied For Last Among Power 5 Conference In Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Sooner Football' started by Tear Down This Wall, May 2, 2016.

1. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

2. badger

badger Vacuums eat while yelling

:eek: You mean a conference with 12-14 teams has had more players drafted than a conference with 10 teams?

3. KantoSooner

KantoSooner SoonerFans.com Elite Member

Mathematics is a difficult thing sometimes.

4. Tear Down This Wall

Tear Down This Wall Well-Known Member

No, not really. When you average it out, Big 12 is still at the bottom of the P5 with the ACC, by year or the five year count.

5. badger

The old Big East being sh!tty certainly didn't stop Miami from winning national championship and drawing NFL-quality talent... and regardless of the rest of the Big 12, OU is still having talent drafted every year at a high level... as SS.com is quick to point out:

:D If we are going on averages here, let's take the top Big 12 program in football, us, and average it with the worst program, Kansas. An 11-2 record and an 0-12 record averages out to... we both miss the postseason. Well, sh!t. Let's leave the Big 12 now before the average keeps us out of the postseason, let alone the playoff, once again ;)

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 SoonerFans.com Elite Member

FIRE VENABLES!!!!!

7. olevetonahill

olevetonahill Well-Known Member

:welcoming:

8. badger

Clemson football 2015: 14-1
    Worst ACC program: Several with 3-9 record, GT, WF and BC

If you average the four of them together, Clemson was actually only a 5.75-win team last year, and misses the postseason. So yes, Venables should be fired for not leading the Tigers to the postseason.

:D I just don't know how Clemp will survive in that crappy conference

9. SoonerorLater

SoonerorLater Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard? Successful football programs are no longer measured by wins and losses but by dollars and cents.

10. Mazeppa

Mazeppa Well-Known Member

Mistake #1 : Reading the Tulsa World
    Mistake #2 : Quoting the Tulsa World

11. badger

I agree with the main theme of that article, which is that the Big 12 has had some down years in the draft that coincided with the other conference's expanding and poaching our teams. What I disagree with is that this downturn will be sustained and doesn't take into account that fewer total teams will have fewer total draft picks, just because you have a smaller pool of players to pick from.

I also disagree that the conference as a whole should reflect any specific team's success and failure. Alabama is not the SEC, nor is the SEC Bama. OU is not the Big 12, nor is the Big 12 OU. Chant S-E-C all you want, but you are Bama's beyonce, just like the rest of the Big 12 is OU's :D

12. bmjlr

bmjlr Active Member

I don't think TDTW cares about logic....he just wants to post anything negative he can find.